SASS Wire Forum

Colorado, Here I come

Outlaw Gambler

Leaving tomorrow for a 4 day family reunion in Lamar, CO. Should be about 250-300 of us getting together. Going on a horseback cattle round up, branding those puppies, cooking over open fires, lots of entertainment, and lots, I mean lots, of really good food. Might even find a Coor's calling my name. Ready for a break and looking forward to it.

bring guns our annual is next week and we are not far from lamar.

Painted Filly

Second that!! A great shoot in the high country is just what ya need to round out a little vacation time!!

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Thanks for the invite but we will be kept so busy having fun this will be one time I can't sneak out to shoot, other than when we go pop some praire dogs.

Lamar may never be the same. :lol:

Have fun!

I don't know for sure about Lamar, but my relation will take awhile to recoup. They do a fab job on entertaining us, fake hangings that almost wasn't a fake, indian attacks on our wagon train to the cookout, forgetting or not knowing the horses were not used to gunfire (blanks), lots of catus needles pulled, broken bones. :blush: The best was getting held up and hearing shooting in the back ground after the robbers left and the bad guys were caught and brought in by Festus Hagen. Ken was one of Lamar's most famous. We had a blast sitting around the campfire listening to him and he sure liked the kids. Don't know what to expect from year to year but every 4 years we go there and its a blast. :lol:

Bummer...... :(

By the way Gateway..... I do not see you on my shooters list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Painted Filly

laura

3 gun grizz

together

another

three Gun Grizz is taking the plunge that weekend (nice girl, seems pretty smart just don't know what she see's in him :lol: )and I am the photographer. Gonna capture some memories for him and his beautiful bride, which leaves no time for playing that weekend. Actually pretty happy for them both, good people and make a nice couple. I will post his announcement photo a little later.

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I don't know for sure about Lamar, but my relation will take awhile to recoup. They do a fab job on entertaining us, fake hangings that almost wasn't a fake, indian attacks on our wagon train to the cookout, forgetting or not knowing the horses were not used to gunfire (blanks), lots of catus needles pulled, broken bones. :blush: The best was getting held up and hearing shooting in the back ground after the robbers left and the bad guys were caught and brought in by Festus Hagen. Ken was one of Lamar's most famous. We had a blast sitting around the campfire listening to him and he sure liked the kids. Don't know what to expect from year to year but every 4 years we go there and its a blast. :lol:

Accualy Ken Curtis lived in Las Animas.. I lived in La Junta for 50 years...

Archived