SASS Wire Forum

Lee Pro 1000 up and running

Guest diablo slim shootist

Guest diablo slim shootist

WEll even after many shooters said not to buy this press I did it anyway.

It was on sale at Midway for $150 and I like a good deal(yes I,m cheap i'll admit it)

Set it up and on the 3rd pull of the handle out pops a perfect loaded 45acp!

Cranked out 100 more (with a few rejects...my fault not the Press)What more can You ask

for...Sure I may have to adjust it now and then but I all-ready got that figured out. ;)

If you are mechanically inclined this press will make good ammo if you are not well you

probably should let some one else make it for you anyway.Is it as fast as one painted Blue?

No way! :o I don't need fast just good shoot-able ammo.I'm satisfied :D

I have a Lee Loadmaster which works just fine once it's runnin'. I find that after sitting a bit in my damp barn I always have to fiddle with it a bit to get it working but then it runs and runs without issue until I let it set for a month or so. Not sure why it happens but it often does. It's always working when I finish up a session so I have no idea why it's cranky a month later :)

The Lee Pro 1000 is an excellent press for the money.

You are limited by only three die positions.

I really recommend to everyone that they hand prime regardless of the press they use. I like the Hornady Hand Primer. The feel is much better and you get to inspect every case.

Once the cases are primed you can go ahead and use that extra die spot in the press for a powder check die to help insure you don't get a squib from no powder.

I also recommend that you change out the PRO AUTO DISK POWDER MEASURE with an AUTO DISK POWDER MEASURE. It gets rid of that pesky chain and allows you to put the powder measure on any station on the press.

Good luck with your press and enjoy the savings.

WEll even after many shooters said not to buy this press I did it anyway.

It was on sale at Midway for $150 and I like a good deal(yes I,m cheap i'll admit it)

Set it up and on the 3rd pull of the handle out pops a perfect loaded 45acp!

Cranked out 100 more (with a few rejects...my fault not the Press)What more can You ask

for...Sure I may have to adjust it now and then but I all-ready got that figured out. ;)

If you are mechanically inclined this press will make good ammo if you are not well you

probably should let some one else make it for you anyway.Is it as fast as one painted Blue?

No way! :o I don't need fast just good shoot-able ammo.I'm satisfied :D

That's pretty much how I would asses my Pro 1000.

IF you have a mechanical back ground, and a little mechanical expertise, it is a cheap option to reloading. If you don't, and aren't willing to be diligent while you're reloading then either look at a different(more expensive) machine, or go for store bought ammo.

Just adding my .02 cents on the Lee Pro 1000. I bought a used one at a garage sale in Illinois. The lady said she wasn't sure if it was all there, but for 25.00, I couldn't go wrong, besides it was 9MM, just what I needed for my MP38.It was all there, plus other stuff. Now the most finicky firearms are the fully-autos on ammo. Seating, crimping, bullet heads, and loads. I have had no problem except at first, adjusting the chain, which eventually I changed out with a bicycle chain link, and spring system, just opening the hole a little more to put a chain link in, and then a spring. I average around 200 to 250 rounds an hour, limited because I check each round for problems, cases, etc. I've fired thousand and thousands of rounds from this reloader in my MP,have never experienced a single problem. I also have to gas check every round because I use hard lead bullets.

If I was starting out, or even a CAS veteran who wanted to reload, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I have 4 different re-loaders at present, and its my 2nd favorite.

Just remember to clean the primer shoot. I use electronic cleaner, a quick whiff before starting, will get rid of any residue. MT

I used one for 10 years and finally wore it out......granted I could have fixed it but I moved on. Not a bad press at all for the money I never had a bad round out of it in a match over those 10 years. The ONLY think you have to watch is the primer feeder.....tap, tap, tap.

Archived