SASS Wire Forum

Info on Cimmy SAA's

Cimarron seems to have 2 SAA's lines one by Uberti and another by Pietta.....I am familiar with uberti but not Pietta.

Is there a quality difference, any internal differences, parts interchangeable?? etc??????

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have the ones by pietta the thunderstorms. They come with a factory action job and are really slick out of the box.

Painted Filly

I believe that the Pietta is the closest clone to the original colt, and I'm pretty sure the pietta and uberti don't have any interchangeable parts.

That being said my pietta great western 1873's are the only guns i have that haven't needed any attention from a gunsmith in over 7 years....Doc

The parts are not interchangeable from looking at the diagrams for both on VTI's parts list and drawings.Both are very good guns.I shoot both Uberti's and a couple of Pietta's.Have 2 GWII's that have never had to have anything done to in 9+ years.Only parts I've had to replace on my Uberti's is 1 Trigger bolt spring and 1 hand.My Uberti's get shot almost twice as much since I bought the Open Top Conversions.

The Uberti Cimarrons will be closer to authentic in appearance and markings. The Pietta Cimarrons are less authentic in markings but are smoother out of the box. Some of this is lighter factory springs but I do believe Pietta does more internal polishing as well. The Pietta is also a little less expensive than the Uberti for a given model. The main spring and trigger/bolt springs are probably about the only parts that are interchangeable between the two.

Archived