SASS Wire Forum

Question for pay pal users

Several guys I know have sold some items on e-bay. According to the one that actually made the sales, pay pal is "holding" their money for some reason. It has been "held" for over a month, now. Is this normal? It just doesn't smell right to me.

Thanks, Sgt. C.J. Sabre

Several guys I know have sold some items on e-bay. According to the one that actually made the sales, pay pal is "holding" their money for some reason. It has been "held" for over a month, now. Is this normal? It just doesn't smell right to me.

Thanks, Sgt. C.J. Sabre

That isn't right. There have been some here that have had terrible experiences in this regard and other things. For me I haven't had an issue...Except one time I received an email stating that they will hold funds for a certain amount iof time. I called them and emailed them that I was going to stop my Paypal account and didn't understand such action when I have been legit the whole time I have used them. When I talked to the person they were cordial and agreed that it must have been an error. The next day I got an email stating that my funds would not be held.

If there wasa better way on ebay to deal with stuff I would probably not use Paypal (since they are anti-gun too)...but until something better does come along I just deal with :rolleyes:

GG ~ :FlagAm:

The smell is real!!

If PayPal gets just a hint that your transaction is gun related you will end up just like me, BANNED!! Even after being given the boot they held my funds for almost three months. Why do we as gun owners put up with these "antis" anyway? Is it so important that a transaction be completed in two or three days instead of a week? It seems we suck up to these people for the sake of immediate gratification. Slow down and enjoy life. Savor the anticipation of the waiting.

Wahoo Kid

I received an e-mail from Pay Pal last fall saying they were going to "hold" my funds because of "problems with transactions." I called them and asked "what problems?" They were unable to come up with any and explained that all PayPal accounts received this e-mail but that since my account had no "problems" my funds would not be held. I have not done any transactions since so don't know if they intend to "hold" or not. I made it perfectly clear that I thought they had no right to hold my money and they just kept saying over and over that they weren't going to with my account. I did not receive a follow-up e-mail confirming this.

My transactions were not with E-bay and they also told me that the "hold" applied to E-bay transactions but did not apply to the type of private sales that I was doing through a different site.

I still don't understand why I got the e-mail. :ph34r:

You can sign on to www.paypal.com and see your funds if you have set up an account and have a password. I assume you do. I've sold on Feebay for several years, nothing gun related, never had an issue except if a customer opens a dispute, then they will immediately freeze enough funds to cover the transaction disputed, even if I'm in the right. Don't like a lot of their ways, but there is nowhere else you can expose something for sale to so many people, so I put up with it....

I haven't had any problems with them They don't make things easy though.

Guess my point is, you don't have to pay with PayPal. There are other methods of doing business. If that is true why do we support an anti-gun site by using their service? Is there any doubt that they are anti-gun/ If so I'm wrong please continue!

Guess my point is, you don't have to pay with PayPal. There are other methods of doing business. If that is true why do we support an anti-gun site by using their service? Is there any doubt that they are anti-gun/ If so I'm wrong please continue!

There are some people I deal with who will only use Paypal. That's just the way it is.

Archived