SASS Wire Forum

First new gun for 2012 !

Rooster Ron Wayne

This weekend the wife and I went to the Double JJ Ranch in Michigan .

It was our 23 anniversary we had a great time.

Any how on the way there we stopped buy this little hole in the wall gun shop.

And there she was !

A 1966 supper Black Hawk 5 digit serial #(23#$8) .

44 mag.

7 1/2" barrel .

un-Fluted Cylinder.

98% Three screw ! B)

375.00 . :wacko:

I asked the guy at the gun counter if I could look at it .

So I looked her over and I said can you do any better ? :huh:

He said how about 375.00 out the door ! :blink:

Well Boys I have Me a New Toy :excl:

You Just Have To Stop Buy Them Little Hole In The Wall Shops Now And Then. :wub:

I totally agree, sometimes on trips I take back roads just to find those little out of the way shops. Last week I found a a new Cimarron TTN coach gun sitting on the shelf of a a little part time FFL dealer. Mine now!

Wow that sounds nice and Congrats for You. That is a very good price too. I was in the PowderHorn Gun Shop last week when I noticed a set of early blackrubber grips showing on the bottom shelf of the used gun cabinet. Asking the clerk to show me the gun I realized it was a first year flattop 357 Mag with a 4 3/4 inch barrel. The alumium grip frame showed heavy use as 99% will after years of use but the rest was a good 97% and whoever owned the Old Ruger had taken good care of it. The asking price was $469.00 and I was fast to invest in it.

The three screw Ruger are getting harder and harder to find and the price has gone up and will contuinue to rise as time goes on. The three screws are the only Rugers I that I really like as I dont like the looks of the newer triggers that sit half way up the trigger guards and I would have thought Ruger could had done a better job on that subject. Over the years I have picked up a lot of 357 and 44 flattops and their value just keeps going up with time. The only concern with a three screw is the same as with a Colf SSA. Load five rounds and set the hammer on a empty chamber.

These guns seldom turn up for sale and when they do most are from an estate where the orginal owner has died. I always have a special feeling when I find one knowing someone before Me had cherished and loved owning it before. One has to remember it was thes guns that made Ruger what it is today.

Your Pard, Texas Man

I've got half of my first new gun of 2012 in the gun safe as we "speak" (AR15 lower. Saving pennies to buy the upper that I want)...

I've got half of my first new gun of 2012 in the gun safe as we "speak" (AR15 lower. Saving pennies to buy the upper that I want)...

Well Pard you are 1/2 way there ! :rolleyes:

Need a ruling here: I committed to a 97 Winnie right at the end of December, but didn't take posession until January. My feeling is she was and end of year buy and I am overdue for 2012 and I should jump on the 1886 I've been eyeballing.BTW the Winnie is pretty nice for 98 years old. Unaltered and nicely worn, 12 ga, 30 Full choke, all original.

This weekend the wife and I went to the Double JJ Ranch in Michigan .

It was our 23 anniversary we had a great time.

Any how on the way there we stopped buy this little hole in the wall gun shop.

And there she was !

A 1966 supper Black Hawk 5 digit serial #(23#$8) .

44 mag.

7 1/2" barrel .

un-Fluted Cylinder.

98% Three screw ! B)

375.00 . :wacko:

I asked the guy at the gun counter if I could look at it .

So I looked her over and I said can you do any better ? :huh:

He said how about 375.00 out the door ! :blink:

Well Boys I have Me a New Toy :excl:

You Just Have To Stop Buy Them Little Hole In The Wall Shops Now And Then. :wub:

Dern you!!!!

I'm Jealous. ;)

Archived