SASS Wire Forum

Not a good day

Paladin  Gun For Hire

Was really looking forward to shooting with my pards at Mima today. Got everything loaded up this morning and left at O-dark Thirty for the trip north. Started raining on the way up but that's not a problem we shoot undercover there. Got all the way up to the exit for Little Rock ( that's where Mima is)go down the off ramp, stop at the sign and lo and behold the transmission says NOPE I AIN'T WORKIN NO MORE!! Was finally able to get it to go into first and then second gear but not third at all. So, my day being turned upside down, I decided I better get back to the bunk house before the Snow starts later in the day. Forty miles an hour for 100 miles is not fun. Now both of our vehicles will be in the tranny shop at the same time. HELLO PRUDENTIAL, AM I COVERED? Just not a good day for me. Hope my pards had fun. I'm sure they did, Okie and Dynamite put on a show and feed ya too. See ya next month Okie.

Sorry you and I missed both the shoot today, Paladin.

My day was not as hectic as yours but we got snow and driving was

nuts. In fact it is still coming down, mixed with rain. Not all that bad

to drive in, except that the warm country folks make it a joke. Saw one

little gal with her hand on the wheel like she was on a rollercoaster. She

was going 20 mph and had a line behind her a mile long. The streets were

wet and the snow was falling. But traction was good and no ice. Geeezzzzz.

I was scheduled to take my wagon in for some recall work but I cancelled.

Just didn't want to drive with all the idiots out there. it is a zoo and the streets

are not slick. I donno.

Maybe Black River or Next Month.

"Not a good day"?

You didn't have to pay for a wrecker!

You don't have to deal with a insurance agent!

You got your health!

AND you didn't have a single miss at the day's match!

"Not a good day"?

You didn't have to pay for a wrecker!

You don't have to deal with a insurance agent!

You got your health!

AND you didn't have a single miss at the day's match!

Matthew,

You are so right. Something else I just thought of, don't have ta clean my guns or do any reloading next week :rolleyes:

There was a thread a while back someone asked about the Sabru Forrester. I believe I was

the first to reply about how wonderful My Forrester is. Well it is in getting the tranny rebuilt as I write. A manual tranny at that. Back in the late 50s well into the 60s I tried

to destroy a few trannys all by my self. regards. TJ

We wondered what happened to ya. It was a fun match, and the chili was goooood! But the weather was sure lousy -- I was pretty well chilled to the bone by the end of the match. That hot chili hit the spot. Sure hope your woes turn out to not be a major hit in the wallet.

Archived