SASS Wire Forum

. . . Possum Trot

Wolfgang, SASS #53480

Hey pards . . . . I'd hoped to visit "Possum Trot" when I was back east in 2010 . . .but got hung up with too many necessary chores on the family place in Ohio and just couldn't make it there. Was planning on visiting for sure when I get back east in 2013. Lost some photos when old computer died and looking to re-aquire pictures just went to the Possum Trot web site and was very surpised by what I saw.

Possum Trot Site

Anyone know anything about it ?. . . . what about the facility ? . . still functioning in some capacity ? . . I'd like to hear from ya,...

The owner of the range has died and his wife does not wish to continue maintaining the range for them. they have moved to Copperhead Joe's range.

Sad. It was a beautiful facility. Miss Lorrie and I got to shoot with them at their last Smoke Out in the Hills.

We never made it to Possum Trot either but many of the same great folks are shooting at Copperhead Joe's place in Manchester, Kentucky.

...the second weekend in July

Blackgold Shootout

We will be at that one!

If I don't have my information correct please let me know.

and could someone please post the link for Copperhead Joe's place

I gotta get offa here and go cook chicken and dumplin'

Merry Christmas everyone

We never made it to Possum Trot either but many of the same great folks are shooting at Copperhead Joe's place in Manchester, Kentucky.

...the second weekend in July

Blackgold Shootout

We will be at that one!

If I don't have my information correct please let me know.

and could someone please post the link for Copperhead Joe's place

I gotta get offa here and go cook chicken and dumplin'

Merry Christmas everyone

Not sure about the 2012 Match, here is what info I found.

http://www.hootenoldtown.com/blackgold/

I plan to be there, missed this year and I hear it was a good one.

Randy

Thank you for the replies. I'm sorry to hear about it's closing.

I love messing with Guns and shooting. . . . and a plain range with just a berm and targets is better than no range at all. But what I REAL LOVE is places with "Western Character" :)

Like. . . the range down the way in Lucerne Valley, or here where I am located.

I'd sure hoped to visit Possum Trot. -_-

Wolfgang, the fat lady ain't sung yet, as some of the most active members will tell you. There have been several serious, (although I can't say how serious) inquiries and at least a few folks that shoot have shown some interest.

Wolfgang, the fat lady ain't sung yet, as some of the most active members will tell you. There have been several serious, (although I can't say how serious) inquiries and at least a few folks that shoot have shown some interest.

That is gud to heer.... ;) I wud sure would be instigating and involved in an effort to buy the place if'n I wuz livin' in that area. :)

Archived