SASS Wire Forum

Another firearm for Xmas

Early Christmas gift from BlueJeans to me, is an early, original M1 Carbine, un-modified. With original I stock, push button safety,flat bolt, numbers match the stock, flip rear sight, no bayonet lug. Barrel pristine. She has it wrapped, can't wait to open it. The tension is murderous waiting for Christmas. These are rare. She said I will probable have to get a safe for just the carbines. Now if only I can get a M3 complete with battery, I'll have a complete collection of M1 carbines and its variations as issued. MT

I'm with you, Griz, none for me. But, I'm getting a 17A Conn cornet circa '61 or '62. Three tone, brass, nickle, and copper. Been lusting after one since my SIL got hers back in the spring. For a student grade( back then) horn, the tone is outragious. now all I gotta do is get a D. Wick mouthpiece and I'm set. Bad part is SWMBO doesn't know it yet...... :rolleyes::huh::blush:

I hope to get something shooting related for Christmas, but I will be happy if I can avoid needing to sell off any more of my guns this coming year.

Early Christmas gift from BlueJeans to me, is an early, original M1 Carbine, un-modified. With original I stock, push button safety,flat bolt, numbers match the stock, flip rear sight, no bayonet lug. Barrel pristine. She has it wrapped, can't wait to open it. The tension is murderous waiting for Christmas. These are rare. She said I will probable have to get a safe for just the carbines. Now if only I can get a M3 complete with battery, I'll have a complete collection of M1 carbines and its variations as issued. MT

Think about one more addition to your collection. It's not original but it will be fun! 30 Carbine pistol!! I have an Iver Johnson Enforcer that I'm waiting for the paperwork on so I can make it into an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle). I have a paratrooper folding stock for it that's already for it to drop into. Makes the slickest little mini-carbine ever! Soon as I can legally assemble it I'll have pictures of it.

Archived