SASS Wire Forum

"Truck" rifle wanted in DFW area, new or used OK

I'm in the hunt for a synthetic stocked rifle, no pretty wood to get scratched up. Blue,.223 cal, bolt action. Anything out there?? Not looking for anything I haven't asked for.

Al

Look for a Savage/Stevens, try Dicks Sporting Goods.

Thanks for the info Lefty, but no joy there. My local Dicks has just that ,*ick. Only high end, large cal rifles.

Same with Acadmey, Cabelas, and Gander Mtn. They all seem to think .243 is THE caliber.

Al

Cash America Pawn

12920 Midway Road

Dallas, TX 75244-6345

(972) 239-3711

They had one last week. They are open 11-5 on Sunday

Thanks Goody. I'll check'em out!!

Al

I know you said a bolt action, but how about a NEI handi rifle in 223?

I know you said a bolt action, but how about a NEI handi rifle in 223?

Thanks for the reply, but I do want a bolt action.

Al

Al, just a thought-

The wife wanted her very own "critter gitter" so after lookin around we got her a new Mossberg Maverick series at Academey just yesterday-

She's little so we got the youth model - 20" barrel & the stock comes with a spacer thats not noticeable & can be easily removed & xtra recoil pad to allow a much less LOP to be used- No sites but good weaver base is on it- Put a "cheep" Tasco 3X9X40mm & steel Weaver rings & 2 boxes of boolits & we waz OTD at just over $300- I got the 243 but 223 is availible too---- Shoots GREAT! It wud make a nice little short eazy to handle truck gun IMO-

Gud luck on the hunt my friend- Hoss

My Mossberg

Al, just a thought-

The wife wanted her very own "critter gitter" so after lookin around we got her a new Mossberg Maverick series at Academey just yesterday-

She's little so we got the youth model - 20" barrel & the stock comes with a spacer thats not noticeable & can be easily removed & xtra recoil pad to allow a much less LOP to be used- No sites but good weaver base is on it- Put a "cheep" Tasco 3X9X40mm & steel Weaver rings & 2 boxes of boolits & we waz OTD at just over $300- I got the 243 but 223 is availible too---- Shoots GREAT! It wud make a nice little short eazy to handle truck gun IMO-

Gud luck on the hunt my friend- Hoss

My Mossberg

Thanks for thinking about me Hoss. My Academy here has only .243 and UP for calibers except for the blasted "black" rifles. I've seen a few Savage "Axis" rifles f/s, but they get really poor ratings in the shooters forums. Might hit a few more pawn shops later on.

Al

Archived