SASS Wire Forum

BADGER MOUNTAIN RANGE WAR Aug 26-28

Entries for The Badger Mountain Range War are closed ~ we are full up to capacity! thank you, everyone!

Folks, this is a Match at a real live working cattle ranch (and also dude ranch) at 8,500' in the Colorado Rockies. There are cabins, campsites, RV sites and even RV sites with corrals, if you want to bring your horses to trail ride some of the most beautiful country around. Check out the Ranch at M Lazy C.

As for the Match, we will have early sign in on Friday, with long range events starting at 3:00 pm, then on Saturday, 6 main match stages, with dinner and entertainment; on Sunday, 6 more stages, with speed events and top gun shoot-off after. For more info check out The Colorado Cowboys. And we will be recognizing FC Gunfighter category, for those interested.....

For those who were unable to attend this year, we hope to see you next year, the last weekend in August!

Muchas gracias, amigos!

eGG

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please forgive me for posting here, but you will soon understand why. A couple of months ago there was a rumor that the BMRW had been cancelled ~ completely untrue. Then I send info to the Chronicle that disappears into the ether. Who knows? Back in February I posted an extensive notice on the EVENTS WIRE, and updated it with new info as it became available. I haven't looked at that posting in a month or six weeks ~ and it is GONE. Luckily Kiowa Kid posted something to take it's place.

But the Badger Mountain Range War is alive and well, and preparations are proceeding apace! Folks, this is your chance to attend a Match at a real live working cattle ranch (and also dude ranch) at 8,500' in the Colorado Rockies. There are cabins, campsites, RV sites and even RV sites with corrals, if you want to bring your horses to trail ride some of the most besutiful country around. Check out the Ranch at M Lazy C.

As for the Match, we will have early sign in on Friday, with long range events starting at 3:00 pm, then on Saturday, 6 main match stages, with dinner and entertainment; on Sunday, 6 more stages, with speed events and top gun shoot-off after. For more info check out The Colorado Cowboys.

Muchas gracias, amigos!

eGG

Howdy egg,

I have your back, and howdy everybody it's early to talk about an August shoot, but we have entries already and just wanted to let everybody know we will have to cut it off at 90 shooters, if you can make it you will have a good time and a wonderful dinner and a fantastic shoot.

Thanks

KK

Howdy egg,

I have your back, and howdy everybody it's early to talk about an August shoot, but we have entries already and just wanted to let everybody know we will have to cut it off at 90 shooters, if you can make it you will have a good time and a wonderful dinner and a fantastic shoot.

Thanks

KK

Btt for the after weekend crowd.

KK

el Gato Gordo and Kiowa Kid do put on a great shoot along with a good feed by the M Lazy C ranch. Fun will be had by all!

Count me in and you would already have my application if I could remember to stop by the post office, it's been sitting in the truck for a week now.

Iron Horse

el Gato Gordo and Kiowa Kid do put on a great shoot along with a good feed by the M Lazy C ranch. Fun will be had by all!

Count me in and you would already have my application if I could remember to stop by the post office, it's been sitting in the truck for a week now.

Iron Horse

Howdy Iron Horse,

It's going to be another great one this year, unique awards with beautiful mountains and fantastic shooting.

KK

Knowing KK and EGG it's gonna be a GREAT match!

Howdy Grizz,

You know it would be great if you would come on down for the annual, you will not regret it.

KK

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all,

Finally validated the Long Range course of fire today. What a great location. Basically shooting up a shallow valley with some nice rock formations and trees all through the lane. I'll get some pic's to EGG so he can post them on the web site.

Whiskey James

Would you list all the side matches you are planning on having Sunday, por favor? I am presuming they will be all the standard side matches I am used to. Just want to know what all to bring.

Muchas gracias!

Dan

Would you list all the side matches you are planning on having Sunday, por favor? I am presuming they will be all the standard side matches I am used to. Just want to know what all to bring.

Muchas gracias!

Dan

Generally, Men's and Ladies' Top Gun Shoot-off, speed rifle, pistol & shotgun (SxS & '97). Hey, Match Director, is there going to be anything else?

eGG

Generally, Men's and Ladies' Top Gun Shoot-off, speed rifle, pistol & shotgun (SxS & '97). Hey, Match Director, is there going to be anything else?

eGG

That about covers it, for sunday due to time constraints and don't forget long range on friday. Hope to see you there.

KK

Howdy,

Come join the fun on a Total Time match, great food and even better people.

KK

Getting closer to a Hell of a Time and much more.

KK

Getting closer to a Hell of a Time and much more.

KK

Send in those entries will not be sorry, Hell just shooting in the mountains is worth the drive

KK

Like wise KK. Congrats on bringing home some EOT hardware, and good luck at HOW if you are goin.

Brim

Just got back from HOW and what a Great match but now it's time to focus on the BMWR for 2011 everybody is welcome to the best shoot in the mountains.

KK

Just got back from HOW and what a Great match but now it's time to focus on the BMWR for 2011 everybody is welcome to the best shoot in the mountains.

KK

Time a running let's get those entries in for a great shoot in the Rockies on a working ranch, 12 stages that includes a hell of a Dinner on Saturday night.

KK

Time a running let's get those entries in for a great shoot in the Rockies on a working ranch, 12 stages that includes a hell of a Dinner on Saturday night.

KK

The entries and comin in, get yours mailed soon so you don't miss the fun.

KK

The two-handers and smoke deprived are dominating registration! It's time for the Gunfighters and Duelists to make their presence known! And MORE SMOKE! We need more smoke!

Registration Deadline August 19th. Registration Form.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

eGG

The two-handers and smoke deprived are dominating registration! It's time for the Gunfighters and Duelists to make their presence known! And MORE SMOKE! We need more smoke!

Registration Deadline August 19th. Registration Form.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

eGG

Hey Gordo I will be there smokin it up, slow but smoky and Gunfighter.I know your not going to believe this but your check is in the mail, your order has been shipped, and another one that I cant print here,

I'll try to help with set up, any thing else you need just holler and I'll come a runnin

WINDY IKE PAINTED ROSE

Grizz,

You know there could be!!! :) You would have a great time. We would love to have you come.

Painted Filly

So many matches, so little money...

If I don't make it, at least that opens up a trophy spot for someone else... :D

LINK step right up folks, what could be better than a shootin match set amongst the pines in the Colorado Mountains?

Archived