SASS Wire Forum

Idea for an award for annuals.. Most Improved

Grizzly Dave

What do you think about an award to hand out to the shooter who has improved the most since the prior years annual?

Granted, someone would have to tabulate the data, but in the computer age it shouldn't be that much of a problem. And, it would be limited to shooters who shot that match the year before as well.

Probably the easiest way to figure it would be by overall placement.

I think it would be a neat way to recognize folks who have worked hard on their game, what say you?

Grizz

The Cross Creek Cowboys of Wagram, NC, has been giving out the Most Improved Award at their Christmas match for years. For a cowgirl, it's called the Annie Oakley Award. If memory serves me right, for a cowboy, it's called the Bill Hickok Award. Another award, called the Monte Walsh Award, is also given to the cowboy who most demonstrates their dedication to "The Cowboy Way."

Guest Sheriff Pack Wolf, SASS #31917

Good idea Grizz.

Then again, an award saying, " Why are you even here? ", award could fit some of us, too. HAR! I lead the consideration in that case!

Pack

We give Quarterly awards, but not just for the best shooter... We also include workers, most helpful....generally just about anything a cowboy/cowgirl can be thanked for......

It's a piece of paper and a cheap frame, but it sure is worth a lot to the recipient.

But then we will need a "most improved" buckaroo, 49er, senior, silver senior, statesman, elderstatesman, not to mention in each of those classes a gunfighter, duelist, double duelist, wrangler, b-western etc. etc. etc.

Archived