SASS Wire Forum

Is something going on with APP powder

Tulsey, SASS#11236

I have not been able to find APP powder locally. Academy has carried it during muzzleloading season and then discouned it They will not restock until the next muzzleloading season. Bass Pro did not have any and an independent did not have it. No big deal, but looking around the internet, Powder Valley, Graf and a couple of others did not carry it. Cabelas had it discounted in their bargin cave. Midway shows they carry it. Just seemed sort of strange that not all the major internet suppliers did not list it. Triple 7 and Pyrodex as usual is listed everywhere.

Don't know. Powder, Inc., also is not listing it, but they still list Goex Pinnacle, which is the same thing.

Buena suerte,

eGG

There's only a couple of online vendors for APP. The main guy is in Las Vegas. He sells it by the case, and the last case I bought the price included hazmat and shipping. He sells on gunbroker: APP on Gunbroker The price works out to a shade over $18/pound.

My local Gander Mtn. (Winchester, VA) carries it; got some a short while back.

I get mine at Gander Mtn also, they had a good supply last time I was there, for under $20/lb.

I've bought several case's from the Spirit of 76 with no problems, It's the same outfit that Charlie MacNeil saw on Gunbroker.

Here's a link to their web page http://www.thespiritof76.com/cleanshot.html

Willy B'

Archived