SASS Wire Forum

WTB 10 guage SXS prefer hammers/steel barrels

I know that 10 guage sxs were made into the 1920-30's with outside hammers with steel barrels.

Anyone have one for sale?

Know of someone who might sell one?

PR

I know that 10 guage sxs were made into the 1920-30's with outside hammers with steel barrels.

Anyone have one for sale?

Know of someone who might sell one?

PR

You and me both! If ya find some extra ones let me know. We need to give Wildcat Will and Bertha a run for their money.

Howdy Pards!

I looked for a couple of years to find a 10 gauge hammered double with fluid steel barrels, and never found one; only found damascus barrel ones (and I wasn't interested in those). Heard a very high end Italian shotgun maker made some in the 1960s but never even came across those. Eventually got a Spanish 10g hammerless double, modern made (with chrome lined bores even!) and have never looked back!

Howdy Pards!

I looked for a couple of years to find a 10 gauge hammered double with fluid steel barrels, and never found one; only found damascus barrel ones (and I wasn't interested in those). Heard a very high end Italian shotgun maker made some in the 1960s but never even came across those. Eventually got a Spanish 10g hammerless double, modern made (with chrome lined bores even!) and have never looked back!

I found a great 32" Remington rabbit eared 10 ga in a pawn shop in Texas City, Tx in 1961. I didn't have the $34.50 they were asking for it, so my best friend bought it. Oh to be able to go back.

Happy hunting

Pony,

try looking on either Auction Arms, or Gun Broker. I got mine from one of them about 2-3 years ago. It was Spanish made, fluid steel bbls, hammerless. It's a good solid gun.

Isom Dart

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm163/buckeyeshooter1/10gadoublebbl001.jpg

This is an Elibar made in spain. No hammers, 3 1/2 inch chambers and steel barrels. Bought it years ago. It was originally 36 inch barrel---now 20 inch. These are sometimes found on the used market. don't know if it meets your requirements but fun to shoot--- and with buck its deadly on deer too!

BBM - i will be looking at those too!

Fallon your pards have some awesome shotguns but they are all damascus.

One of them sounds so nice I may get it anyway and then sleeve it for 12 guage.

PR

CC,I got your email I am very interested.

Do you have pics or can you take some?

I will send email as well.

Thanks, V/r PR

Archived