SASS Wire Forum

This Old Cowboy's Hat

Grizzly Dave

No other Chris Ladoux fans here? I'm surprised. I can just see Blackwater or EE Taft singing that song...

Chris LeDoux, rest his soul!

Buffalo Grass, Caballo Diablo, lots of others. A great songwriter and singer.

GJ

No other Chris Ladoux fans here? I'm surprised. I can just see Blackwater or EE Taft singing that song...

He was great because the music he did was funny as well as good. I never felt he had the best voice, but he had the best sense of humor in the whole wide world. He sang Strawberry Roan which is a perfect bronc buster song.. lol..

Well I'll be doggone!!

I typed up a post about how I was a Chris Ledoux fan and such, and how I liked just about everything he did and.......

I forgot to hit send. :mellow:

That was about two hours ago!

I must be asleep at the wheel!! :blink: Some where in the universe that is my computer I've got a video of me playin' a Chris Ledoux song called "ya just can't see him from the road" I was always partial to that'un.

Very good selection of music, Grizz!

~EE Taft~

I used to watch him during rodeo days. Not him singing but riding. He was a champion. Watched him later as a singer. Meet him in vagas. Neat man sorry that he's gone saw him on stage a few time too. What show he put on. Best live show I ever saw.

Like many, I only heard of him because of his influence on Garth Brooks. I watched a special on him shortly before he died, and yes, I have to agree, he was the real deal. I definitely enjoy his music!

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Grizz, thats one of my favorites, it reminds me of one of my hats, a friend gave it to me in 1990 when I went from buckskinning to Taos southwest attire and changed my cowboy personia to an honorery Texas Ranger working the Nebraska,Iowa and South Dakota territories looking from criminals and bail jumpers, its a palm straw hat thats been repaired in several places. I have a folded dollar bill in the hat band which a friend made for me with mexican coin conchos on it, the bill is held on by a masonic pin. I'd like to see someone screw with this hat

Regards Ol Pard

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Archived