SASS Wire Forum

Ruckus in the Nations - Oklahoma's State Shoot

Oklahomabound

We have a Wild Bunch Action Shooting Orientation this coming Saturday, March 12... ...please see the ITSASS web site for info--Wild Bunch Orientation

...and this Saturday night we are going to Rango and out to eat... here's the info--Greetings friends! How about another movie? Rango is playing at Eaton Square in Tulsa. The movie is rated PG so it would be appropriate for your kids or grandkids and they are sure welcome! Copy & paste this link into your browser http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/rango-trailer/126414/1534016582 for more info.

When: This Saturday March 12th @4:50pm.

Where: Eaton Square Cinema - 61st & Memorial, Tulsa

Dinner: Beijing Gourmet (all you can eat buffet $8.85 per person) after the movie.

The restaurant is across the street from the movie so we will need to drive over instead if walk.

Please let Catoosa Red know as soon as you can if you are planning on coming so Bill can contact the theater.

• 2 weeks later...

...had 39 folks for the Sunday Shoot

...and about 40 or so folks for the Rango and Chinese night out

...have our Saturday shoot in the morning!!!!!!

...gonna be adding info on motels and such to the signmeupform for Ruckus in the Nations!!!

Need to get the word out!!

We have a host hotel for OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP & RUCKUS IN THE NATION!! Best Western Sand Springs Inn & Suites, 211 S. Lake Drive, Sand Springs, Ok 74063. will be the host hotel for this great event Sept 15 - 18, 2011.

We have a great rate, full hot cooked breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits & gravy, waffles, danish, bagels, fresh fruit, coffee, juice and milk from 6:00AM . Our rooms are king or doubles and have easy access for us shooters. We have a limited number of rooms available at this rate but includes, handicap accessible as well as both smoking and non smoking so need to get reservations in as soon as you know you are coming.

You can call 918-245-4999 to get your room reserved. Just tell them you are there for the Oklahoma State Championship & Ruckus. We will have more information on our website Indian Territory Single Action Shooting Society soon.

Let me know if you need more information or have questions.

Stiff Finger Jim

...did I remember to tell ya'll that it was a beautiful day for our 4th Wednesday shoot!!!!

...we shot 6 great stages...

...the pards and pardettes had a great time and the fellowship was tremendous!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

...been outa town fer awhile...

...more updates soon...

...did you see all of our new RO1's in the Cowboy Chronicle??????

• 3 weeks later...

Our club's folks will be at Woolaroc for the day (May 7th, 1000 am at the gate)this coming Saturday. No shoot, just a bunch of cowboys and cowgirls wearing there rigs at the Museum.

Then our annual Mother's Day shoot on Sunday, May 8th. And yes that's right, misses don't count for Mothers.

Here's an update from Catoosa Red:

Greetings fellow Cowboy Shooters - what a weekend we had! Sit back and get ready for a long news letter...

Saturday May 7th - a bright a beautiful day for our outing to Woolaroc. We had 40 shooters attend plus a passel of grandchildren! We also had a wonderful suprise - Plinky was able to come on the outing an she looked so happy! She is doing much better but still not completely out of the woods.

Our first destination was the Mountain Man Camp - site of the "Pursuit into the Osage Nation". The group got to listen to Wes, the Mountain Man, explain about life and times of the furs traders while we were entertained by flute music. While the club was enjoying the Camp, the board members explored the area for the shoot in June and decided where to place the targets. We toured the camping area next and discovered that there is plenty of flat, level parking with lots of trees. Then on to the museum. Everyone was on there own after that but while I was wondering around I heard lots of comments about the great art work, gun collection and even the gift shop. Many had a picnic on the grounds while others ate "buffalo burgers" from the concession stand.

Its not too early to sign up for the "Pursuit into the Osage Nation" in June. We are going to limit the number of shooters to 60 and we have 30 signed up already!

Sunday - May 8 - Mothers Day - another bright and beautiful day started with 30 shooters arriving for the fun at Buzzard Gulch! During the safety meeting, Rock Creek Rustler detailed what work had been done during the last work day. The bathroom ceilings have been sheet rocked and a new porch cover was added. The window was widened and a cover added to stage two - a great improvement! The Greener Pastures Cemetery has been dismantled and is ready for the Hotel.

We had 6 new shooters join us today. HunnyOO made her hubby (Gunny OO) proud by shooting her first shoot. Utah Neal came all the way from Utah to visit his cousin, Prune Picker, and was talked into shooting and M.R. Hoss & Lightening Lass from Nowata also joined us. This was Hoss' 3rd shoot and Lass' first! Pancho Lopez brought his friend E.K. Hale to shoot with us for the first time and Phoenix '97 also shot with us for the first time. I think all our new shooters had a great time - if you can judge by the smiles on their faces! We hope they all shoot with us often! Since it was Mothers Day, an ITSASS tradition was followed by allowing all of the ladies to shoot Clean!

Stay tuned in, there's more coming about the preps for Ruckus in the Nations!!!!

You know, I think it's about time I made this shoot. Got it on my calender.

Would a pump Winchester 62 be legal for the .22 side match? It does have an external hammer.

...why sure!!!

...and come and shoot with us... we have folks from out your way shoot with us....

• 3 weeks later...

We been havin' them thar w**k days at the range--Buzzard Gulch.

...if'n ya stand or sit right still ya get yourownself painted!!!! <_<

...if'n ya sit right still at the front of a shootin' bay, ya get a stage built around yourownself!!! <_<

...and right 'ere is the link to our signmeupforms:

Ruckus in the Nations

...ya'll come!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

82 more days until Ruckus in the Nations is a happenin'!!!

The range is getting better and better all the time!!!

Ya'll come!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Got this from Catoosa Red today:

Greetings fellow Cowboy Action Shooters! The Indian Territory Single Action Shooters Society, located near Tulsa, Ok is hosting the 2011 SASS Oklahoma Sate Championship on September 15th - 19th and you are all invited! For more information - go to our webiste - www.ITSASS.net . You can also view photos and videos of our range as well as shooters "Shootin 'em up!" at ITSASS.

Please contact me for any questions. Hope to see you in September!

Catoosa Red

Indian Territory SASS

p.s. - entry form is right here: Ruckussignmeupform

Got this from Catoosa Red today:

Greetings fellow Cowboy Action Shooters! The Indian Territory Single Action Shooters Society, located near Tulsa, Ok is hosting the 2011 SASS Oklahoma Sate Championship on September 15th - 19th and you are all invited! For more information - go to our webiste - www.ITSASS.net . You can also view photos and videos of our range as well as shooters "Shootin 'em up!" at ITSASS.

Please contact me for any questions. Hope to see you in September!

Catoosa Red

Indian Territory SASS

p.s. - entry form is right here: Ruckussignmeupform

...we'll be having our 4th Wednesday Shoot this coming Wednesday!!!

...be starting early enough to beat the heat!

...probably be having 4 stages or so....

...and we're having a w**k day this coming Saturday morning 0700 to 1100 hours--trying to beat the heat!

...and we're having a w**k day this coming Saturday morning 0700 to 1100 hours--trying to beat the heat!

...wrong again Spanky!!! ...having a 1000 yard shoot Saturday which will shut down our part of the range...

...sorry.

...had a great shoot today, Wednesday morning-4th Wednesday shoot!!! Had 10 hearty souls show up to shoot our 4 stages. Went like clockwork! Everybody just went to work on the posse! Started shooting at 0830 and at 1030 hours most everyone had left!

...and the weather was pleasant, nice clouds, great breeze, and even better pards/pardettes! Don't get much better than that!

Catoosa Red gave the following report:

Aloha every one! What a great day we had today at ITSASS. Yes, it was hot, but we had shade and a breeze and it wasn't too bad. Everyone showed up in their best (or worst) Hawaiian outfits. Coconut bras, grass skirts, flowerdy shirts and all manner of Hawaiian themed get ups. Look at the photo attached and you will see what I mean! I think the funniest was Okie One Eye - with the wig, bra, grass skirt AND a fake butt! Hats off to Snorin' Fanny for keeping her coconut bra on all day - that couldn't have been very comfortable - but it was funny! I will be posting pictures on our website as soon as I can stop laughing!

We had 52 shooters join us today - and that is a RECORD for a monthly shoot for us! Yee Haw!! Blue Mesa, Dirty Dan Paladin, Ozarks Jim & Kid Doubleday from the Arkansas Lead Slingers club made the trip from Arkansas. Copper Rose, Printer Doc ,Yellowstone Harry, Tail N Kid and Lead Poison (from Kansas) also made their first shoot with us. Visitor Robin D Bank shot all of the stages and after a bit of cajoling, his lovely wife Laura shot 2 - big smiles were seen on both of their faces! They also sent a nice "Thank You" to all the ITSASS club members for making them feel welcome today! Another visitor, Fast Firing Fred shot one stage and vowed to be back. My granddaughter - Hummingbird, shot her very first match, plus picked up brass and she was still talking all the way home!

Congrats to our overall match winner - Leroy Rogers! And he was clean! Way to go Leroy! Atta boys for clean matches goes to Blue Mesa & Fly!

Catoosa Red had this to say:

Greetings all - Halapeno Charlie has done another outstanding job of putting together The Buzzard Gulch Gazette. Give him a pat on the back the next time you see him! I am attaching a copy and it will also be on our website in a few days.

Friday evening 33 ITSASS members saw the movie Cowboys and Aliens. Too bad some of you missed it! It was two hours on non-stop action. The cowboys were great and I loved the authenticity of their clothing, the town and the location. I am not a big "alien" lover so that was not my favorite part, but there were many there that just loved it! All in all there was something for everyone. 18 of us went to dinner afterward and got crammed into the space for 12 - but we had good service, good food and good friends - what more can you ask for? I have posted a few pictures on our website (under Photos).

Just another reminder about Ruckus in the Nations - the date is fast approaching. We already have over 60 shooters signed up. 1/3 of them are from out of state. Some from as far away as Virginia, Nevada, New Mexicon (Founders Ranch), Indiana and even our neighbors - Arkansas, Missouri & Texas. Don't be left out of a good time - get your entries in soon! Entries can be located on our website - click on Ok. St. Champ.

Our next shoot is Sunday August 14th - see you there!

Buzzard Gulch Gazette

Catoosa Red has begun writing stages for Ruckus, and these will be a hoot!!!!

...and even more about Ruckus:

Greetings all! Great things are happening for 2011 Ruckus in the Nations! Are you a RO I and have you been looking for a RO II course? Well, we have got you covered! Choupique SASS #2052 (Shoe Peak) from Missouri will be here to hold a Range Officer II class on Thursday September 15th @ 8:00am in the clubhouse at the range. Many of you may recognize Choupique as he taught Range Officer courses during the Missouri State Championship for several years. This is a great opportunity for the 23 shooters who graduated from our ROI course in February to increase their knowledge. Any shooter who has successfully completed the ROI course is eligible to attend, even if you are not shooting Ruckus in the Nations.

Here's the details:

Range Office II Course - minimum of 10 to have the class

Thursday Sept 15, 2011

8:00am - 12:00pm

Red Castle Clubhouse

$25.00 per person, payable that morning

Summary of this past Sunday's shoot from Catoosa Red:

Whew! Another big day at ITSASS. 52 shooters joined us for a lovely summer day where the temps were moderate and the breeze was soft. The shade was welcome and good friends were plentiful! I don't know whether to the think that the news of our great facility is just getting out or everyone is trying to see what the state match is going to look like? Probably the second!

Dirty Dan Paladin & Kid Double Day from Arkansas made their second match with us and Lead Poison came again, all the way from Kansas! The Brisco Kid brought Jerimiah Johnston from Idabell for his first match with us. Marley Belle, Rock Slide, Champagne Rose & Half Rack made their first trip over from OKC. Robin D Bank and his lovely wife, Lilly Leadslinger, completed their very first full match - with big smiles! We welcome all of our new friends to our range!

Congrats to our overall match winner today - Mr LeRoy Rogers! Kuddos to Smokin Okie for the only clean match of the day. Our "thanks" also to Pumkin Roller for writing the stages, I think he a real gift for the original! As an example - we got to shoot off of the Jack-O-Lope today and it was fun! Honorable mention goes to Hanna Call - one of our new Buckerete shooters - she only had 1 miss today! Backwoods Butch is Hannahs proud Grandpa, now he's worried she will start beating him!

After the shoot we held a "Ruckus" meeting. Many items were discussed and I will send the information out as soon as I get it all compiled into a manageable format.

Next shoot is Saturday Aug 20th - hope to see you there!

Here's the latest update from Catoosa Red:

Greetings all! Just an update of enhancements to Ruckus in the Nations.

Have you been worried about the heat? Worried about trying to enjoy the Saturday night awards banquet in the heat? Well, the ITSASS board has been worried about the same thing - so - they have found a location to have the Saturday night banquet where it will be cool!

Woodrows restaurant in Skiatook, Ok will be hosting our banquet. Named after one of my favorite characters of all time "Woodrow F. Call" from the movie, Lonesome Dove. The restaurant is decorated with a definite nod to the "Old West" with beautiful tin ceilings, cattle hides on the wall and Western artwork. A menu is being planned that has something for everyone, including homemade peach cobbler and bread pudding! Directions will be supplied in the shooters booklet you receive at check in.

The Friday night potluck dinner, side match and Shooting Costume awards will still be held in the building where you will check in (where the RV's are parked). If it is too hot that evening we will just move the tables out under the beautiful shade trees! So bring your favorite side dish or dessert and a folding chair and be prepared to enjoy a lovely evening of Cowboy Camaraderie and Oklahoma Hospitality!

Don't miss out on attending the SASS Oklahoma State Championship! Its not to late to get your entries in! Entry forms are available on our website www.itsass.net

--

Catoosa Red

Indian Territory SASS

...gotta a club shoot this Saturday, be there at 0800 for shooters meeting or earlier to help set steel.

Latest update from Catoosa Red!!!

It was a great day for a shoot at ITSASS! We had 45 shooters come join us. I'm sure several just wanted to get in a little more practice before Ruckus! We welcomed Buckshot Dave for his first shoot, plus a whole posse of shooters from the Territorial Marshalls (OKC Gun Club). It was great to see everyone!

Congrats once again to LeRoy Rogers - overall winner of the match! The following had their "game" on - NO MISSES! Montana Dan, Rock Creek Rustler, Flat Top Okie, CowBo & Highland Scottie!

After the match, 30 of us traipsed over to Woodrow's in Skiatook for lunch and to try the place out before our banquet. I think everyone had a good time!

Sunday was another work day at ITSASS. Snake Oil George brought his tractor & grandson, Creek County Kid and put them both to work! Creek County Kid ran the weed eater and George ran the tractor - they make a pretty good team! All of the extra gravel has been spread and all of the bays now have gravel out to the targets and french drains. Hopefully that will take care of the mud situation. Long Horn Rustler, Smokin Okie, Rock Creek Rustler & Burly Bill finished the bathroom stalls while I did the clean up. Round Belly Ron cut all new carpet for the loading tables. The place is shaping up!

This Wed is our last shoot before Ruckus. Its still not too late to get your entries in - but it is getting close. All sorts of arrangements need to be made based on the number of shooters. From awards to meals - you don't want to be left out of either! We have 120 shooters as of today!

The last shoot before Ruckus is tomorrow! Yes, that's right! Wednesday, the 4th Wednesday of the month. Shooters meeting is at 0812 with the shoot starting at 0830.

...ya'll come!

...Wednesday was a great shoot even though we had 9 or our regulars absent...

...gotta get to cleaning guns in the morning and then reloading bullets for Ruckus!!!!

...no more shoots at ITSASS until Ruckus in the Nations!

We have 150 or so shooters signed up right now! Turning out to be a real nice shoot!

Still time to get your signmeupforms in .....

Okb

Archived