SASS Wire Forum

OT--What's your opinion of Micro Tech 5.56 rifles?

Mustang Gregg

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Just checking on what MSAR owners think of their AUG copies.

I kinda reckon they ain't quite as good as the "real" Steyer ones.

But I'd like to know what you Pards think. B)

Much obliged,

Mustang

Microtech is run by the biggest bunch of A*holes I ever met. Belligerent, obnoxious, jerks. They used to make excellent knives. I wouldn't buy one of their guns if it was on sale for $100.

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Thanks, Manatee:

I'm kinda finding that out too. :huh:

They don't return calls.

But they seem to call when they want to sell.

MG

I was interested in them when I first saw them. Then I found out they were coming out with a version that takes the M-16 mag so I have been waiting. I don't like the prices that I have seen. I also want to test shoot a KelTek RSP that uses FAL mags. I have AR's,a DSA FAL and a HK 770 but don't think I am willing to go away from well proven designs to new tech's. I have had MIA's and HK 94 as well.

Shenny

I am suprised that somebody didnt yell the word ...."ILLEGAL!!"

if it works take it out...shoot it and have fun with it.

all trigger time is good.

I have one that I've shot a little, but haven't had time to really wring it out. It has functioned perfect so far. And it seems very well made, as are their auto knives. When I talked to them at the NRA show after the rifle first came out they told me they hoped to market a model in 10MM. This really got my interest cuz I much prefer reloading pistol caliber ammo over rifle. Hoever, I've not heard anymore about the 10MM since.

I recently read a book about Border Patrol Law Enforcement and the author stated that they were forced to use the Steyr version many years ago. He didn't like it and didn't like the reliability of the weapon, preferring the AR platform. I wish you were closer, I'd loan mine to you and if you liked it I'd sell it to you (I'm too "thrifty" to shoot 223 nowdays)

No Horse if you want an AR platform 10mm check out Olympic Arms, as far as I know they are producing a 16" carbine in that and 40SW. The 10mm really interests me as well, have been a long term fan of the cartridge and the gun loaded like the old Normas rounds were would be a real corker.

Archived