SASS Wire Forum

educate me

Spence

Hello the board. Just passing through, looking for some general info. I'm not into action shooting, but have been a long-time black powder shooter and colonial reenactor. Over the years I've accumulated some stuff which I will be wanting to dispose of before too long, and I'd like to ask if a couple of them would be of interest to those doing cowboy action shooting. I have very little knowledge of what is involved in cowboy action shooting. First is an original Winchester model 1873 rifle, cal. .44-40. Are these original guns of interest to those doing action shooting? Second is a gun holster, I guess it would be described as a gunfighter rig... Hunter brand holster on a size 32 Bianchi belt, 4-inch drop, cartridge loops, etc. I think iti fits a Ruger Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk.

I would appreciate any input.

Spence

Maybe go to the Wire classifieds..

http://sassnet.com/f...hp?showforum=14

However the rules are:

The SASS Wire Classified is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY. Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member, in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted. Commercial Posts from merchants or dealers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned from the SASS Wire. Auctions, raffles and fundraisers are not allowed and will be removed immediately. SASS in no way endorses or guarantees any information posted on this page. Postings will automatically be deleted after one week. ***BE INFORMED*** It is mandatory that all firearms sales are done through the proper FFL channels. Other agencies read this Wire and you are strongly advised to abide by the law. If you are not sure of the laws for firearm sales and transfers, learn before you buy or sell.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

While you can certainly sell your leather and original 73 here in the classifieds section if you get the money right. That's the primary issue. Us cowboy shooters are notoriously cheap. We will not buy anything unless it is a great bargain. You would almost certainly get more for the rifle just about anywhere else. Now if it is in great condition and a pard here really wanted it, y'all could probably reach a meeting of the minds on a fair price for both parties. The only caveat is that to sell here a feller has to be a card carrying member in good standing. Good luck.

Maybe go to the Wire classifieds..

The classifieds wouldn't be appropriate, because I'm not offering anything for sale. I'm just asking if the sort of items I mentioned would ever be of interest to those in this hobby.

Spence

Let's see if I can get right to direct answers:

Yes, an original Win '73 in 44-40 would be interesting to some of the folks shooting CAS. It would have a lot of lookers if it were a "shooter" quality rifle. It would have a few lookers if it is a "collectors" quality rifle. If the gun is working condition, and a shooter, then somewhere starting around $1200-1500 would be attractive to folks. A gun that is higher end than that, you reach a bigger, more spendy audience with a gun auction site.

No, most likely Hunter/Bianchi leather would not have many interested buyers. That is a "beginning" rig, and you would most likely have to almost give it away. Being a one-holster setup, with most folks needing a second holster for the second revolver carried in CAS, there would be even less interest. And, with the belt that small, it would probably be something that a buyer would be looking to put on a young teenager, not themselves. So, little market.

Good luck, GJ

Spence,

if your not selling and just want to dispose of that Winchester 1873, then I'll gladly take it off your hands.....with a smile.

I'll even pay for shipping.

Feel free to send me a PM (click on my name in the upper left corner of this post and then on the next page, click on the area which sends me a personal message.

Thank you Kindly.

..........Widder

The classifieds wouldn't be appropriate, because I'm not offering anything for sale. I'm just asking if the sort of items I mentioned would ever be of interest to those in this hobby.

Spence

Sounded like a sales pitch to me...sorry I couldn't be of any help...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Archived