SASS Wire Forum

Did we say ....

Oklahomabound

Well, git ready fer da DEEP FREEZE !!!

We're to git wind chills in da mornin' of -25 to -35 and I have to work outside in dis stuff .... :blink:

Be headin yur way soon !!!! :wacko:

You folks in the south and west don't know what alot of snow is. We have so much snow up here in the north country that it will be July before it's melted. The snow banks are almost to the top of the telephone poles.... Temperature was below zero this morning with a wind chill of -25. You just have to tough it out. And this is the first winter I haven't gone to the deep south in quite a few years. Wrong year to stay home.

Minnesota Rose

You folks in the south and west don't know what alot of snow is. We have so much snow up here in the north country that it will be July before it's melted. The snow banks are almost to the top of the telephone poles.... Temperature was below zero this morning with a wind chill of -25. You just have to tough it out. And this is the first winter I haven't gone to the deep south in quite a few years. Wrong year to stay home.

Minnesota Rose

Know what ya mean !!

Saw a duck fall to da ground out of da sky...frozen stiff...

Now dat is cold !!!!!!;)

...well, started stirring outside a bit...

...the high today is 12 with a wind chill around -5 or so... our 14" snow fall drifted quite a bit... ...across a 100' portion of our road and this big drift is over 4' deep!

...got the truck stuck, the mule stuck, and the jeep stuck... dug the jeep out; pulled the truck out; and then got the mule out. So live is good again.

...after lunch will go try to start the little tractor again, it has the front end loader; so can start the clearing process.

...also have to figure a way to get water to the cows...

We're snowed in!!

Trying to get up the hill monday night I must have cut a tire. Got out there this morning and the drifts are half way up the side of the Durango. We got about 18 inches and drifts runnin' anywhere from 4 to 6 feet. All that on top of a flat tire. I went back in the house! <_<

fun fun!!

~EE Taft~

EET, that ain't no fun at all!!!

...little tractor didn't wanta start today...

...that's the focus of tomorrow for sure...

...did cut ice on the ponds for the cows though, having to walk just ain't no fun either...

...gotta get the little tractor with the front end loader running, then w**k on clearing the driveway... (It be 3/4 mile and about 300' of it is buried under snow drifts)

...got our driveway/read 3/4 mile road cleared this morning...

...drifts were/are over 3' high...

...and the "light" snow started to fall, no more than 1/2" accumulation was what they said last night... well, we got over 2" so far and this time it's those great big flakes, wet that are falling...

...ain't this fun!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_< ...not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Qkiebound, We got about 5 inches of snow last and it's been snowing off and on since sun up. It's about 26 right now, which is the warmest that's been since Monday night. We've got about 6 or 7 inches on the ground. You folks north of the Red River have gotten slammed. Good luck, Be safe, and stay warm!

Just think, in a few months everybody will be bitchin about the heat...

Exactly! I just enjoy the changes/seasons and glad it isn't always the same.

...it just stopped snowing...

...Tomorrow, maybe put protein cubes out for the cows and try running some water (through garden hoses) if it's above freezing.....

It is still in the lower 20s this morning. You will never hear me complain about the heat around here in the summer. I don't like wintertime or cold weather in general. I don't like snow either. I guess that it's okay that I am not a skier. The only way that I would get injured on a skiing trip, is to fall off a barstool in the lounge. OKB, I had thought about coming up to the City next weekend for the PBR, but I got vetoed by my better half. I was born in the Texas Panhandle and I know what it's like to care for livestock in this kind of weather.

...well the road wasn't exactly cleared, more like snow knocked down enough to drive over, then it snowed again yesterday evening, 2" or so....

...gotta see if we can make it to town this morning, weatherman (who's completely lost it) says more snow on Sunday and a really big snow storm on Wednesday....

Archived