SASS Wire Forum

Dallas Market Hall Gun Show Yesterday

Poppy

Well I was pretty disappointed. Maybe it was because I did have a little money to spend, but I found nothing. There were a lot of Colt engraved pistols that were too expensive and pretty to shoot a match with and then there was a John Wayne SxS that was beautiful, but again too pretty. I saw not one NIB stock ruger. Found a couple that had grip or action job but seemed way over priced to me. I would rather buy NIB , pay for action work myself than to pay someone else to do it all for me at least their prices seemd to be that way. They did have some pretty good deals on leather, but all the bullet loops were set up for .45 and I needed one for my wife in .38. The best thing about the day was gettig some schooling on stuff from Diablo Slim. Thanks bud for helping a pard out.

Guest diablo slim shootist

My Pleasure -hope you did not catch the bug i got

-ran a fever all night -this morning i have what feels

like a Tequila hangover. ;)

Dang gun shows... now they are making folks sick.... Do you think the democrat gun haters broke in early to deploy germs to make us gun loving low life's sick :~) Feel better bud

I like the Mesquite and Fort Worth gun shows more betta.

Shameless

Ditto. The Mesquite (Big Town) shows are stuffy and crowded, but you can still find lots of good stuff at good prices.

The Dallas Market Hall shows used to be great about 8 or 10 years ago. They've really changed. It's hard to find any good deals there anymore. All the new guns have standard retail mark-up on them. Most of the vintage/antique stuff is priced 20%+ over the Blue Book values.

Parking did bite, Mesquite is probably the best I've been to, need to try ft worth and the Allen show was a waste. The best thing about Dallas market hall was going to Ojeda's for lunch :~)

The Dallas Market Hall shows are good if you are in the "Black gun" market otherwise I agree, most everything is marked at everyday store front prices or higher.

I went to both of the Mesquite shows (Big Town and the other one) last year and didn't think either had as many vendors or items as the DMH show andthe prices appeared to be the same.

The new show in Allen is heaven....if ya like airsoft guns and jerky.

I have to agree with you there. Plus they charge $9 admission, luckily I got in free last time or I wouldn't have gone. I went to the last 2 and was just dissappointed. Probably won't go back.

I went to the Ft Worth show once last year, now that one seemed to be a pain as far as trying to park and then hike in. It was also very crowded and hard to move around and look at stuff. Shoulder to shoulder the whole time.

Everythings 120 miles from me or there abouts so I have made circuit so to speak. If you guys have time or in the vicinity the Grand American shows held in Tulsa and OKC are generally good. Bout the same size, maybe a little bigger than Big Town. And you already know about Wannenmacher shows. The Grand American covers about half or a little more of the top floor most times.

One thing I think is happening all around, dealers are staying home. Rent is too high, few have money to buy sometimes even the dealers. I was toting around a minty Remington 25 pump in 25-20 at Big Town and a dealer who had high grade Winnies and some English guns just about cried over it. No cash.

Sometimes ya get lucky, though. At the last Dalas Market hall gun show i picked up a superb 2" Model 10 round butt, pinned barrel, for 250 bucks.

***Nubbins***

I have generally really been disappointed at a lot of the gun shows I have attended over the past few years.

About 15 years ago I attended a lot of gun shows in El Paso.

There were bunches of Rossi 92s Baikal Shootguns, Ruger Vaqueros, 73 clones in short it was pretty much SASS heaven. Times have changed seems like it is Glock City and AK heaven at the Phoenix Area Shows any more

Are the rest of you exeriencing this trend?

Around here? Yeah. Black guns and military surplus, plus all the junk stuff you can stomach. CAS stuff is really far in between ..............Buck :ph34r::)

I forgot about the black guns. Ya see them at the range blasting away at 15 or 25 yards shooting groups I would be embarrassed to throw down range at 300 but I guess they are shooters and as such our kin folk.

Archived