SASS Wire Forum

A Cowboy's Christmas Prayer

Dusty Balz, SASS#46599

As we kick off that special season, we are reminded of the reason we give thanks, we celebrate the birth of our savior. The air is crsip and seems cleaner, folks seem to be a bit nicer. I always loved Christmas and as the weather broke today, I strung my lights, put up my tree and thought of this old poem that's a favorite up here.

"A Cowboy Christmas Prayer" was written long ago by S. Omar Barker, it seems to be relevent today as then. I thought I'd give it a shot and place it up here for you all.

I've been blessed with a lot of fun and friends throught the years and you folks that shoot CAS and live your lives to a code that has been forgotten by most, this is for you, a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all and may God Bless you.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
As we kick off that special season, we are reminded of the reason we give thanks, we celebrate the birth of our savior. The air is crsip and seems cleaner, folks seem to be a bit nicer. I always loved Christmas and as the weather broke today, I strung my lights, put up my tree and thought of this old poem that's a favorite up here.

"A Cowboy Christmas Prayer" was written long ago by S. Omar Barker, it seems to be relevent today as then. I thought I'd give it a shot and place it up here for you all.

I've been blessed with a lot of fun and friends throught the years and you folks that shoot CAS and live your lives to a code that has been forgotten by most, this is for you, a MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all and may God Bless you.

Much thanks Dusty!

I hope and pray that you and yours have a very Merry Christmas pard!

God Bless you!

:rolleyes:

Dusty, I enjoyed your video and prayer......I seldom respond but always find your reasoning of things to be very similar to mine and look forward to your posts... Hope all is well for you and your family during this Christmas season. :rolleyes:

Dusty, thanks so much, Pard, and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours, too. A great poem that sums everything up perfectly.

Many Thanks !! I try to live by da code, both at da range and at work.

From my ranch to youre ranch, Merry Christmas and God Blees y'all !!

Millions and millions of people are helping us Christians celebrate the day our Lord became a human. And they don't even realize it. That is almost enough to give me the Christmas spirit right there. Merry Christmas !

Thanks Dustys.. what is that saying about great minds???? lol... Merry Christmas to you and yours and to everyone on the board.. its gonna be cool.. and I can see 2011 as just so much more fun yet.. lol...

Archived