SASS Wire Forum

New .22 round

My wife has a Ruger SR22 and it is a superb handgun. Accurate, great sights and a very good trigger.

• Like 3

I was looking through some of my notes and photos of targets and I realized that in my experience CCI .22 LR ammo stands head and shoulders over all the other brands and configurations of .22 LR ammunition in regard to reliability and accuracy. A close second is Aguila. Federal takes 3rd place. 

I plan to buy some of that CCI Uppercut ammo @Lawdog Dago Domposted and see how it runs in my revolvers and my 10-22. 

One brand of CCI’s that I really like is their Velocitor ammo. I haven’t seen that on a store shelf since before The Silliness. That particular ammo has been my favorite for years. Aguila’s Interceptor would be my 2nd favorite. I haven’t seen that one in a while either. 

I've several boxes of the .22 Uppercut put aside, it shot well in my Colt King Cobra Target .22 and my Browning 1911-22.

I've also got boxes of Federal Punch, and CCI Velocitors.

Several of the ladies who shoot in our Ladies only classes find that the .22 is about all that they can handle w/r/t operating

the slide and tolerating recoil.  They're seniors or older, and frankly don't want to invest in or try to master a .32 or bigger. 

They're happy putting 10 rounds in a 4" circle in seconds, and reloading with 10 more in a few more seconds.

Is it a .45 man stopper? No, not according to the gun magazines.  Will it stop a threat? Most likely! 

Are they feeling empowered and more safe than without it?  Hell yeah!  Can I envision a day where arthritis and

hand pain might limit me to using this type of ammo and gun?  I can read the writing on the wall - it may well happen.  I hope not,

I think I can stick with operating a Colt SAA in .45 for a long while, but I'll keep it in reserve just in case.

It's not a panacea, not a cure for all ills, but for those who need it, it might just make the difference.

Keep 'em coming!

SC

• Like 2