SASS Wire Forum

Bisley Hammer Plunger

Skiddsteer1

Howdy, if I were to install new Bisley hammers on my New Model Vaqueros. will I need new hammer plungers as well? And/or anything else? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Depends.  Sometimes they come with the plunger, sometimes they do not.  Sometimes the parts house will list if they come with the plunger, sometimes it will not.  It is easy to move the plunger, spring and pin from the old hammer to the new.  FYI most of the time a Bisley hammer will not fit a New Model Vaquero without modifying the hammer and/or grip frame.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skiddsteer1 said:

Howdy, if I were to install new Bisley hammers on my New Model Vaqueros. will I need new hammer plungers as well? And/or anything else? Thanks in advance!

A Super Blackhawk hammer would be a much easier install.

Randy

6 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

A Super Blackhawk hammer would be a much easier install.

Randy

By easier I assume that you mean that I would not have to cut/grind the protruding hump on the Bisley hammer to fit the Vaquero grip frame if I were to get the Super Blackhawk hammers?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skiddsteer1 said:

By easier I assume that you mean that I would not have to cut/grind the protruding hump on the Bisley hammer to fit the Vaquero grip frame if I were to get the Super Blackhawk hammers?

Yup

3 hours ago, Skiddsteer1 said:

That is correct, my main pistols are Bisley’s with Super Blackhawk style hammers and I actually like them better. Thinking about changing the hammers in my backup Bisley’s as well. 

Randy

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Yup

Of course the problem now is where to find two Super Blackhawk hammers.

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Well, those are Bisley hammers. I ordered a pair from Midway a few days ago. Midway will notify me when and if the Super Blackhawk hammers are available. Wish me luck. Thanks Skid.

• Like 1