SASS Wire Forum

Come Join Me Every Jovial Blade

ah - im guessing folks joining custer's regiment ? or predates to the old country type that custer wanted in his regiment , they did go down in glory , 

i just got a new[old[ book at the gunshow this past weekend that should add to my understanding of the man , written around his civil war era service , im looking forward to the read , ive read a number of recounts of the little big horn , both from our side and the indian side , interesting the differences in perspective and yet they all follow the same line fairly close , a sad moment in time for the 7th ....that was redeemed in VN by moore and his 7th  cav in drang valley 

• Like 2

It seems to me that they were doing that a little fast. It's a march. But if you tried to stay in step with that you would have been running.

Just my opinion of course.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

It seems to me that they were doing that a little fast. It's a march. But if you tried to stay in step with that you would have been running.

Just my opinion of course.

It's a drinking song with the meter of a quadrille or jig (quick jig) that was adopted by many regiments as their regimental air.  This clip shows some young people dancing to it, starts about half way through. 

And as a line dance 

As a march it is a quick march.

• Like 2