SASS Wire Forum

Constitutional Carry

I've seen this discussed in other places and there seems to be some consensus for this.

North Carolina may be both the next and last state to institute permitless carry. This will bring the total to (I recall) 40, and the last 10 states will simply not do so absent a cultural shift or Supreme Court ruling invalidating permit requirements.

Since Bruen did not cast doubt on "longstanding" permit requirements, I suspect the Supreme Court would support them under the "more nuanced" analysis rather than invalidate such requirements completely. At the same time, the court indicated "abusive" permit requirements would not be constitutional.

• Thanks 1

Good article!!  What the writer says makes perfect sense!!

I visited a gun shop in a town in another state last week.  Aside from a “hello” from one of the people there, nobody offered any welcome or assistance to me or my buddy the whole time we were there!!

I carry open most of the time!  I am also generally cordial and polite whenever I am in public because THAT sells my position and point of view to anyone who is willing to watch or is open minded enough to see the other side!!

It is every gun owner’s job to convince anyone who is on the fence to see our side and join us!  Make them ALL welcome!!  Even those who are opposed to the exercise of our natural right!

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Good article!!  What the writer says makes perfect sense!!

I visited a gun shop in a town in another state last week.  Aside from a “hello” from one of the people there, nobody offered any welcome or assistance to me or my buddy the whole time we were there!!

I carry open most of the time!  I am also generally cordial and polite whenever I am in public because THAT sells my position and point of view to anyone who is willing to watch or is open minded enough to see the other side!!

It is every gun owner’s job to convince anyone who is on the fence to see our side and join us!  Make them ALL welcome!!  Even those who are opposed to the exercise of our natural right!

Sadly your experience seems all too common. There is a lady on social media named Ava Flannel who does firearms training in Colorado, primarily toward female shooters. She told a story recently about dropping off flyers in a gun shop to inform voters of pending legislation in Colorado. The man behind the counter told her, "Well, I wish you luck."

Wow. That's it?

A kind thought and a handshake ?

How about, "How much do those flyers cost? Can I contribute something for your group to print more flyers, etc?"

Here's a lady passing out information to literally help him stay in business.

Remember the old commercial, "You can pay me now or pay me later," line? 

I guess you can give her $20 now to help get the word out. If not then you will be asked for $100 to finance a legal team to file paperwork to fight the legislation that you didn't think was worth $20 a few months ago.

Your money is your business. Just spend wisely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2