SASS Wire Forum

Great neighbors

Springtime in the Rockies, right? We got an upslope snowstorm...still in progress...along the Front Range, including Denver & vicinity. At lease 18 inches according to the TV, and I think more like 24"...so far. Supposed to snow all night! At 81-1/2 there is no way I'm ridin' down coronary gulch trying to shovel that stuff off my front porch, much less the driveway. Dogs started barkin' looking out the front storm door. It's our neighbors five of them with snow blowers and shovels, clearing out most of the white stuff! Can't ask for better than that! :)  Will have to do something for them...probably Easter baskets with some goodies in them that my wife likes to put together. Supposed to stop tomorrow, and then warm up into the 50's and 60's next week. Glad we live on relatively high ground. Folks downhill might need to consider buying a boat when it all melts!;)

• Like 12

nice to have great neighbors , good to have high ground , 

we wont even see a rise in the river this year - no snow and in the midst of a major drought , 

• Sad 1

Waiting to hear from my 93 year old Mom up in Rollinsville, CO. A text last night, she said she had 5 feet and snowing heavy still. Haven't seen any plows on the road or her driveway. She's been keeping her deck clear and still has power. Haven't heard from her yet today. Getting a bit concerned as she lives alone and she can't even see her car in the driveway.

• Sad 3

Just heard from Mom, doing ok, her plow guy got stuck down the road doing another driveway, but will get there when he can. She sent a pic, looks like about 3 feet, but hard to tell.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Neighbor was back around with his snowblower to clean up what fell last night. OTOH, just got an email from out trash collector: they won't be able to get to us this week! Had to haul our trash buckets back to the garage from the curb. Fortunately, they are on wheels and the sidewalk was relatively clear. Oh, well...

• Like 2

stay safe all of you out there , seems your getting the big one this year , weve been above normal here for most all winter and next week should be normal , still no precip in the forecast