SASS Wire Forum

New Umberti issue

Walter

I have a brand new Umberti .45.  I was dry firing it with snap caps and I found that if I slightly depressed the trigger when I was cocking it, it would lock up.  I know, don't depress the trigger.  But I have fat fingers.  Anyway, I went over the body and cylinder with Flitz, and that seemed to help.  The thing is as dry as a bone, so I will try some lubrication (I have some great grease). to see if that helps.  Any other suggestions?  The trigger pull is great and I have to do a lot of dry fire to replicate this issue.  I just do not want to draw, cock, and have it lock up on me.  Thanks.

Since you seem new to the game, I'd advise you find a good cowboy gunsmith.  You don't have enough info to really tell you "Oh, wave this magic wand and repeat this phrase 3 times"

Here's some good gunsmiths in the FAQ:

SASS gunsmiths

good luck, GJ

10 hours ago, Walter said:

Anyway, I went over the body and cylinder with Flitz, and that seemed to help. 

No way that fixed a lockup of the trigger or cylinder.

GJ

First of all it’s UBERTI not UMBERTI :lol:

If it has the 3 click hammer safety that may be the cause of your problem. They do get a little finicky.

23 hours ago, Garrison Joe, SASS #60708 said:

Since you seem new to the game, I'd advise you find a good cowboy gunsmith.  You don't have enough info to really tell you "Oh, wave this magic wand and repeat this phrase 3 times"

Here's some good gunsmiths in the FAQ:

SASS gunsmiths

good luck, GJ

No way that fixed a lockup of the trigger or cylinder.

GJ

I am sure that Flitz did not fix the issue.  But it did make it work easier.  Which is why I think that it made be a new pistol / lubrication issue.  My tuned SuperBlackhawk has spoiled me.

7 hours ago, Walter said:

My tuned SuperBlackhawk has spoiled me.

Then professional tuning the Uberti probably will do the same.  GJ

I like the trigger on this pistol.  My only issue is the trigger guard and this glitch.  I will break it down, lube it and see what happens.