SASS Wire Forum

WTB Old Winchester 1873 Parts

I was recently given an old basket case 1873 in 32-20, built in 1887, and seems to have been basically molested since then. I've tried all the old parts sites I know (still open to suggestions), but hoping someone on here has a firing pin spring and firing pin retractor that are in excess of their needs. Kind of a long shot, but figured I'd try. Thanks for reading!

Dallas

If nothing else, oughta be fun in 6 months when a brand new guest swears their dear friend turdburglar@clownpenis.fart has several of exactly what I'm looking for brand new. 

• Haha 2

Try Winchester Bob @ https://winchesterbob.com/

Just bought a firing pin retractor, firing pin and mainspring for a 73 in 32WCF from him

If you need to line the barrel see Robert Hoytt at 717-642-6696 out of Fairfield PA.  Got the daughter's new/old 73 in when he was doing another '73 in 32-20 and had a 2 week turn around.  Quality work.  Don't expect that unless he has another .32WCF in the queue.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Irish Pat said:

i have a lower tang for one if you need it 

That's one of the parts I have, that particular piece has been nickel plated at some point. Thank you though! 

16 minutes ago, Ustas B. Slim 24680 said:

Try Winchester Bob @ https://winchesterbob.com/

Just bought a firing pin retractor, firing pin and mainspring for a 73 in 32WCF from him

If you need to line the barrel see Robert Hoytt at 717-642-6696 out of Fairfield PA.  Got the daughter's new/old 73 in when he was doing another '73 in 32-20 and had a 2 week turn around.  Quality work.  Don't expect that unless he has another .32WCF in the queue.

Thank you, I'll check with him! 

I have a real basket case of an upper and lower receiver that I took as a challenge a few years ago. I basically built a wall hanger full of good parts. I bought original parts off eBay mostly and put it back together. But…. Because of the condition of the upper receiver it really isn’t viable for more than parts for some one else’s build or a wall hanger. Barrel is very good. The wood is very decent. Internals are all in good condition. If you decide you need a parts gun we can talk. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flanigan Flats said:

I have a real basket case of an upper and lower receiver that I took as a challenge a few years ago. I basically built a wall hanger full of good parts. I bought original parts off eBay mostly and put it back together. But…. Because of the condition of the upper receiver it really isn’t viable for more than parts for some one else’s build or a wall hanger. Barrel is very good. The wood is very decent. Internals are all in good condition. If you decide you need a parts gun we can talk. 

I'll send you a pm shortly, thank you!