SASS Wire Forum

I wonder how big an airplane it would take?

Alpo

For the pilot to not notice a stowaway?

I'm pretty sure that if they had an extra guy on board the 747, the pilot wouldn't notice the change in center of gravity and like that. However if this was a Cessna 180 (which I believe is a four seater) if they had someone hiding in the luggage compartment the pilot would probably know.

Superman episode, and Lois and Clark are in the plane, and there's the pilot, but otherwise the plane is empty. Except for their luggage in the cargo area.

And Jimmy Olsen who has stowed away in the cargo area.

This is a Gooney Bird. DC3, C47, R4D, Dakota, call it what you will. 21 passenger airliner. Just seemed like an extra 150 pounds should be noticed, especially with it back by the tail.

I realize the pilot did not notice the extra weight because it's in the script that he should not notice the extra weight. But I'm pretty sure he would have noticed the extra weight.

Opinions?

Likely wouldn’t have noticed unless Jimmy started moving around. 
mid he moved enough to change the trim a couple times, an alert pilot would notice the need to keep adjusting the trim. 

• Like 2