SASS Wire Forum

Winchester 95 question.

Hoss

I know this might be better placed in the WB forum, but I can’t seem to get logged on there. (Not sure why it’s not part of this page!)

im  looking forward to shooting Teddy Roosevelt category. I have a couple of TR legal rifles. One is an original Win 95 in 30-40 Krag. I bought it several years ago because I just wanted one. Now I can shoot it in a SASS match! 
my question, in 30-40 Krag does it hold 5 in magazine? I can load 5, hold the stack down and close lever. But when I rack the lever the first round pops out. I’m not sure if it’s just worn, dirty, broken, or only holds 4. Hoping someone here has one and can give me guidance. 

it’s a great rifle, I enjoy shooting it, but having to load one or 2 over the top every stage is a time killer. 

• Like 1

It sounds to me like there is something wrong with your rifle.  I have a Winchester 95 made in 1903, first lever gun I ever bought, that is chambered in .30-40.  The magazine holds five, and you can close the action on an empty chamber, or put one in the chamber.  It works the way you would expect/want it to.  Something is absolutely not right if it's jacking out a live round.

The 95 is a great gun, and it's about long overdue time that there is a place for it (and the Savage) in our game, even if it is only in Wild Bunch.

42 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

It sounds to me like there is something wrong with your rifle.  I have a Winchester 95 made in 1903, first lever gun I ever bought, that is chambered in .30-40.  The magazine holds five, and you can close the action on an empty chamber, or put one in the chamber.  It works the way you would expect/want it to.  Something is absolutely not right if it's jacking out a live round.

The 95 is a great gun, and it's about long overdue time that there is a place for it (and the Savage) in our game, even if it is only in Wild Bunch.

Thanks. I had a suspicion it would hold 5. I’m going to see what I can figure out! 

17 hours ago, Hoss said:

I know this might be better placed in the WB forum, but I can’t seem to get logged on there.

Hoss,

The SASS Wild Bunch Forum doesn't use your current username and password from the SASS Wire Forum.  You'll have to register anew there.  They have different Moderators and Admins there, so I can't help you with that.

8 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Hoss,

The SASS Wild Bunch Forum doesn't use your current username and password from the SASS Wire Forum.  You'll have to register anew there.  They have different Moderators and Admins there, so I can't help you with that.

Their forum is not as user friendly. I don’t know why.