SASS Wire Forum

Talk about friends

11 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Post up how the new setup runs. ;)

Will do. I'll have to try a different spring. Otherwise it runs perfect, knock on wood, just the forward ejection issue. I may have another spring, if not I'll take your advice and check with Wolff or call RPP again .

3 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Will do. I'll have to try a different spring. Otherwise it runs perfect, knock on wood, just the forward ejection issue. I may have another spring, if not I'll take your advice and check with Wolff or call RPP again .

Try a different ejector ;)

I've gotten some good deals from friends but only one time got something for free. A buddy up the road is a Winchester collector.   I asked if he had any antique 44WCF or 38WCF cases.  He invited me up. He has building say 20x30 that he works on his toys and has his parts and oil bottle collection.  We visited and he pulled out drawer after drawer with Winchester parts. Also drawers full of old ammunition.  We went through and I pulled out about 10. All I could see I'd use. Ended up asking how much I owed him.  He said he was giving them to me.

Notice different primer size. 

552329189_Old38WCFand44WCFcartridges.jpg.35760f2b08b7ba1d78cd9605081f624e.jpg

29 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I've gotten some good deals from friends but only one time got something for free. A buddy up the road is a Winchester collector.   I asked if he had any antique 44WCF or 38WCF cases.  He invited me up. He has building say 20x30 that he works on his toys and has his parts and oil bottle collection.  We visited and he pulled out drawer after drawer with Winchester parts. Also drawers full of old ammunition.  We went through and I pulled out about 10. All I could see I'd use. Ended up asking how much I owed him.  He said he was giving them to me.

Notice different primer size. 

552329189_Old38WCFand44WCFcartridges.jpg.35760f2b08b7ba1d78cd9605081f624e.jpg

Interesting :huh:

14 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Gunsmith Frank is F&D Gunsmithing in St. Charles,  Missouri is maker of these.  He also makes the Sure Hit sights. Ton of other cowboy gun parts.

http://www.surehitsights.com/store.html

THX!

Archived