SASS Wire Forum

Yet another way to TRIM 10G Shotgun Shells

Rancho Roy

Here is a quick video on another method I stumbled upon to trim shotgun shells in preparation to roll crimp.....

BTW, I used the Mighty 10G with my Black Powder reloads today at a match.......Great Fun! I think I'm becoming a convert!

Wouldn't a small drill press work just as well?  Or a drill motor clamped down? 

I have enough 10 g brass hulls to do me.  But I load 12 g with plastic hulls, STS, AA,   and trim and roll crimp.   Usually during the winter setting by the wood stove.  But I have a couple of flats ahead so won't this winter.  Shoot and toss.

• A few things....Rudy at Creative Reloading Solutions does not recommend using this device in any powered tools. And in any case it must be used with the guard installed or you might cut your finger off.....
  • The safety ring will fill up with "tailings" after about 5 shells and the guard will need to be removed and carefully cleaned out
  • A drill press, even at slowest speed might be too fast. These motors in the video are running at 177 RPM
  • Like lots of things we do in this sport, be careful.....or you could get hurt!

The source for the tool is in the comments below the video

Got me one ordered !;)

Kinda figured it's going to lessen the hash marks on my thumbs from using razor knives.  Dang pistol grips got fewer.

Probably won't use a motor, just hand twisting will do.  But ya' just don't know what I'm liable to do in the future.:wacko::rolleyes:

On the rare occasions I have to trim plastic 10 gauge hulls I use a piece of copper pipe cut to length and a utility razor knife.

Unlike some, I've managed not to cut my fingers.  :P

Just received the new tool!  Tried it out and it cut perfectly and help me make the prettiest 12ga roll crimp I've ever done.

No more notches on the thumb for me ! ^_^:D

Archived