SASS Wire Forum

FOUND: original buckhorn rear sight assembly Marlin 1894 Cowboy Limited

I recently picked up a very nice slicked up 357/38 JM Marlin 1894CB Cowboy Limited rifle. The previous owner replaced the standard buckhorn rear sight assembly with a dovetail filler and mounted a nice tang peep sight instead.  Though nice, I want to remove the tang sight and put back on an original 2-piece (leaf and double ramp lifter) buckhorn sight.  It was a cheap part when available, but I can't find one anywhere.  Let me know if you've got one laying around in your spare parts box that you're willing to part with.  Thanks.

17 minutes ago, Nostrum Damus SASS #110702 said:

I recently picked up a very nice slicked up 357/38 JM Marlin 1894CB Cowboy Limited rifle. The previous owner replaced the standard buckhorn rear sight assembly with a dovetail filler and mounted a nice tang peep sight instead.  Though nice, I want to remove the tang sight and put back on an original 2-piece (leaf and double ramp lifter) buckhorn sight.  It was a cheap part when available, but I can't find one anywhere.  Let me know if you've got one laying around in your spare parts box that you're willing to part with.  Thanks.

I will check my parts box & if I got one will get it to you

34 minutes ago, Nostrum Damus SASS #110702 said:

Many thanks, JRJ!

Yo-Nostrum will mail out to you tomorrow pilgrim.

JRJ

Nostradamus, if you want to get rid of the tang sight let me know. Might be interested…….

Sam Sackett 

On 3/31/2023 at 7:48 PM, Sam Sackett said:

Nostradamus, if you want to get rid of the tang sight let me know. Might be interested…….

Sam Sackett 

Will do -- Bullion Rose is threatening to like it, but we'll see ... she shoots very well with the buckhorn sight on her Marlin 39A.

Archived