SASS Wire Forum

PRACTISCORE - view all shooters?

Chief Rick

4 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Go all the way back to the main page. This is what it looks like on my phone. 

Select Shooters and scroll down. Select the shooter you want to change. 

Doing it this way, I have to enter the shooter in a match prior to making a change.

However, sometimes when entering the shooter, I will have multiple entries for the same shooter to select from (and no way to know which entry is the correct one until I select them and enter them in a match).

What I'd like to do is see a master list of all names and delete the ones that are wrong.

From what I can tell if a shooter is entered in a Division (category) for one match and a different Division (category) for a different match the shooter ends up in the system twice.

When you go to add a shooter check their division (category). before you hit save.

Wish I knew how to edit the shooters database.

On 12/20/2022 at 3:26 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

Wish I knew how to edit the shooters database.

It's less than convenient, but should be possible by exporting registration as a CSV file, editing that file (probably in excel), then saving the edited file as a CSV and importing it to your practiscore device.  You would have to figure out how to delete all shooters before importing the edited file.

https://community.practiscore.com/t/importing-shooter-registration-data-into-practiscore-app/249

The trick is getting to the files. Android and ios devices don't allow access to system files.

I suspect you would have to jail break the device to get access to those files. 

I think it would be easier to export the master registration file and then delete the app. edit the file and then do a clean install followed by importing the edited master registration file.

When I have access to my match scoring tablets I'll export the files and see what it looks like. Will also check for duplicate entries.

I can already see that for a big match building the shooters in a .csv file would be a lot easier than typing them in on a tablet.

Although I think it would be even easier to use the online registration feature of Practiscore.  I'm going to experiment with it next year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 10:15 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

The trick is getting to the files. Android and ios devices don't allow access to system files.

I suspect you would have to jail break the device to get access to those files. 

I think it would be easier to export the master registration file and then delete the app. edit the file and then do a clean install followed by importing the edited master registration file.

Or you can do this instead:

https://community.practiscore.com/t/update-local-shooter-history-in-the-practiscore-app-for-android/620

Archived