SASS Wire Forum

Morals and Ethics in the upcoming elections

Morals and Ethics in the upcoming election?  Folks, it's likely to be dirty:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/james-carville-sees-no-moral-problem-democrats-supporting-extremist-republican-candidates

The "D" practice of dumping tons of money to internally disrupt the "R" party's primaries has been effectively practiced in california for years; now it looks like the tactic is being rolled out nationwide.  

Ironically, Jim Acosta, of all people, questioned Carville on the approach - although more from the perspective of its wisdom rather than ethical considerations.

"The idea of a political campaign is to win the election. It acts in its own interest," Carville said.

He added, "I’ve done the same thing. I would do the same thing. I don’t see any ethical or moral problem with doing this. I think most of the opposition to this is from the pontifical class mostly located on the coast. I don’t see anything wrong with this. And you try to do everything you can to help your candidate or your party win an election. And that’s pretty simple and that’s what the DCCC is trying to do."

Nancy Pelosi has also publicly endorsed the policy; we're already seeing it in motion:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-column-democrat-dark-money-groups-boosting-extremist-republicans-primaries

A Washington Post column published Thursday called out Democrat "associated dark-money groups" for boosting "extremist Republicans" in primary elections. 

Author Charles Lane noted the Washington Post's reporting from Monday that said Republicans competing in primaries in Colorado, Illinois and Nevada had been "benefiting" from Democratic groups "spending millions of dollars" in Republican primary elections. 

Lane said that the rationale for these moves was so that "come November, Democrats stand a better chance of winning against ‘ultra MAGA’ extremists."

Good Lord.  :(

There are NO ethics or morals in politics!!  

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

There are NO ethics or morals in politics!!  

Even in the 1700s....

"Like looking for an honest man in Parliament" - Captain Jack Aubrey

Archived