SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Derringer in .38 S&W. Must be C&R eligible

I know this is a tall order, but if anyone happens to have a derringer in .38 S&W caliber, that also happens to be C&R eligible that they are willing to sell, I am potentially interested.   I want the specific caliber because I like it.   The C&R need is because I live in Massachusetts, and it's the only way I can legally acquire one.  Unless of course it's already registered in the state.   So if there is someone here in Massachusetts that has one, even if it's not C&R, that's okay too.

If you are looking for something for the Pocket Pistol sidematches, consider H&R or Iver Johnson small revolvers too. They are C&R and usually well made.

I wonder if you couldn't do a reverse on what happened to S&W Victorys? Find one on 38 Special and have the cylinder reamed out to 38 S&W?

I don't know  the laws in your state but can you buy any other caliber in a new Derringer?  If so you could get a Bond in what ever caliber is allowed in your state and then buy an extra set of barrels for it in 38 S&W.  Better yet fire the stupid Demorats that run your state and elect people with a brain.

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

I wonder if you couldn't do a reverse on what happened to S&W Victorys? Find one on 38 Special and have the cylinder reamed out to 38 S&W?

No need.   It's incredibly easy to find .38 S&W Victory Models.   I have two.   One from Canada, and one from Australia.   A quick check of Gunbroker or Gunsinternational will give you links to far more S&W's than Specials.   Finding one in .38 Special, especially with the US Property stamping, is very hard.  (I know, I've looked!)  It was actually easier for me to find an M1899 in .38 Long Colt.  Also found a couple in .38 Special, but I wanted the original caliber.  :)

Archived