SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy wants to trade New Vaqueros

Howdy Pards!

I just found and purchased a Ruger New Vaquero in 357 Mag.  Its blued and has a 5.5" barrel. its been fired but is in pristine condition.  There is barely any carbon in it.

See pictures below

I am looking for a New Vaquero in S.S., 4-5/8" barrel .357 mag to match my other pistol.

See last picture.

If you are looking to go the other way, give me a holler.  Not sure how we could work out the logistics, if you live in Florida as I do, it would be a lot easier.

Thanks

By the way, if you have a S.S. 357 vaquero with 4-5/8" barrel that you just want to sell, I'd also be interested in just buying yours!

Ruger1.jpg

ruger3.jpg

ruger5.jpg

Scissors, I see a recent badge # and want to let you know about the pistolas that you have.

Some cowboys opt to intentionally shoot a salt&pepper set (same guns, different finishes).

1) Two guns guns rarely shoot the same, so having an obvious mixed set helps keep them ID'd.  I have a mixed set of OMVs .45 and Ruger .32 birdshead.  The stainless OMV and blued .32 both shoot point-of-aim.  Both other guns shoot 2-4" to the left at 10 yards.

2) If I lived in the 1880s, I would have a plain working gun and a shiny go-to-town gun.

Archived