SASS Wire Forum

Bushmaster AR 15 advice needed

Hoss

My daughters ex passed away. She is taking care of funeral expenses, they have 2 daughters 13,11. He left 2 Bushmaster AR 15s. She wants me to try to sell them for her. I know ZERO about this type of rifle. I gather they are mid-range quality, have been fired a very few times. One of them has a leupold vx1 2-7x33 scope. I’m guessing the pink color does not increase value?

any estimate on what these might be worth? 

5FDE7B5B-839C-4314-B8B2-44E81A5D6531.jpeg

Those are Bushmaster ORC (Optics Ready Carbine) XM15s with aftermarket furniture and factory lightweight barrels. They retailed for around $750 new. The Magpul furniture is out of production in pink, the rifle on the left has a Hogue stock and grip. It probably doesn't matter about the color as to the value. Even now the market for entry level ARs is pretty flooded so getting $600-700 for them is realistic minus the optics. There are a couple equivalents sitting on GB with no bids from $699-899. 

The scope is $200 new.

The left gun has a Surefire suppressor mount which is valuable on its own, but probably not to the buyer of the rifle. The rifle on the right looks to have an older AAC or newer Surefire suppressor mount (it's hard to tell in the pic), which would also be valuable to the right buyer. Surefire is backordered 16 months on them and AAC is out of business for now. If you split the flash hiders you may be able to get $100-200 each for them depending on the model.

I can give you two stock flash hiders and some not-pink furniture if you want to pull those off. 

Pretty much what Jon c said. The market for new starts at about $700 to $800 around this area as there seem to be plenty available. Magazines can be problematic as some states only allow 10-15 rounds other areas no limits. 
I just picked up a used but like new bushmaster for $600 with factory furniture and a cheap scope. 
regards

Gateway Kid

Archived