SASS Wire Forum

Folks used to EOT venue...

It is that time, the time to consider shooting outfits for EOT.

Outside of our normal Red Shirt Friday wear (wich will double for banquet) I am at a loss...as I have NO idea on what to expect.

I saw where it should be in the mid 80's ... but, is it humid on top of that?

As far as footwear...do we need heavy sole boots for rocks/pebble protection? Or are the pathways soft sole/ moccasin friendly?

Thanks in advance!

FB_IMG_1486756159884.jpg

Indiana in June? You bet it's gonna be humid. So wetting down a palm straw hat or wearing those weird jelly bean neckerchiefs to stay cool won't work with the humidity IF IT'S HOT

Check this out:

https://www.weather-us.com/en/indiana-usa/etna-green-weather-june

Look at the average late June temps and then look at the humidity. Plan for that.

I recommend light colors, very little layering, cotton, loose fitting clothes. Straw hats beat wool felt any day regardless of wetting them for cooling.

Man, just more of my own advice for staying in the desert areas when I retire...I should listen to me...:lol:

I had this silly fantasy about moving back to PA when I retire...don't mind me. Just thinking out loud and I have blabber fingers.

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Indiana in June? You bet it's gonna be humid. So wetting down a palm straw hat or wearing those weird jelly bean neckerchiefs to stay cool won't work with the humidity IF IT'S HOT

Check this out:

https://www.weather-us.com/en/indiana-usa/etna-green-weather-june

Look at the average late June temps and then look at the humidity. Plan for that.

I recommend light colors, very little layering, cotton, loose fitting clothes. Straw hats beat wool felt any day regardless of wetting them for cooling.

Man, just more of my own advice for staying in the desert areas when I retire...I should listen to me...:lol:

I had this silly fantasy about moving back to PA when I retire...don't mind me. Just thinking out loud and I have blabber fingers.

Thanks! I imagine with humidity it will be 'up there'...

Thank you for the link.

88 and very humid right now. . There is usually a good breeze across the range. You can always jump in the pond to cool off though! Standard Indiana June. The advice above is good.

40 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

88 and very humid right now. . There is usually a good breeze across the range. You can always jump in the pond to cool off though! Standard Indiana June. The advice above is good.

What about the pathways?

They look nice and 'smooth.

Moccasin friendly?

3 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

What about the pathways?

They look nice and 'smooth.

Moccasin friendly?

#8 stone or so. I have bad feet so I walk in the grass next to the path. Normal folks don't have issues. If you have decently thick soles on your moccasins you will be good. If not, see you in the grass! 

Archived