SASS Wire Forum

New Uberti Henry Trapper

Griff

I decided that if I'm going to seriously compete at Back At Cha next year... I need a serious, competitive rifle to do so... Okay... so a Henry ain't really a "serious" competitive rifle... but to the Frontiersman in me... competing against other Frontiersmen using a Henry, I decided the rifle was not going to be the governor on my throttle!  I tried runnin' my non-short stroked 1873 Border rifle fast... and let me tell ya... it might not have been a train wreck... but it definitely hopped off the rails a coupla times in the course of the local monthly match!   

I just heard that Taylor's will be getting 5 (but only 4 will be available) 45 Colt Uberti Steel Framed Henry "Trappers" in ,(in about 90-120 days... understand there's no guarantee on the anticipated delivery date).  If you might be interested in this non-historical variation, contact Tammy @ Taylor's & Sons.  Mine will be going to Cody's for his magic and a Cowboy45Special carrier, so it'll hold the requisite number of rounds for most any stage!!!

You other Cap n' Ball Gunfighters beware... Griff's comin'-at-cha!!!  Next year, a non-last place finish for you will not be as easy as it was this year!  :ph34r:  Y'alls "A" game needs improving!

Thank you.  I'll pass that along to the gunsmith... tho he probably knows that.  Although, maybe I'll just use the new carrier in one of my '73s.

:lol:  Hey Griff!!

You got any Idea what the Barrel length is going to be??  Weak minds need to know.  :rolleyes:

PS;  At least ONE Weak minded Frontiersman Gunfighter needs to know!!  An "Iron Frame" . . . . Yessssssssssssssss

14 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

:lol:  Hey Griff!!

You got any Idea what the Barrel length is going to be??  Weak minds need to know.  :rolleyes:

PS;  At least ONE Weak minded Frontiersman Gunfighter needs to know!!  An "Iron Frame" . . . . Yessssssssssssssss

I asked for the 18-1/2" bbl.  I wasn't sure the 16" would hold 11 rounds of C45S.  I learned that if allowed, it's quick & simple to load the extra round before picking the rifle up.  Just pull the follower up, rotate, drop the round in, rotate the cap back, ease the follower down and get to shooting. Takes much longer to describe than do!  Since the chamber's empty, no danger handling the front of the magazine, and no fumbling trying to push the carrier down and feed one from the top during the course of fire.

Ah So . . . . I'll have to call Taylors on Monday.   I have a Brass 16 inch 45 Colt Trapper and an 18-1/2 inch "carbine."  The 16 Inch will hold 10 C45S with 160Gr bullets,  that's it.  The 18 will hold 10 45 Schofields w/200Gr RNFP and 12 or 13 C45S w/160Gr bullets.  The "Smith Shop" Carrier Block will allow a 200Gr RNFP.

PS:  Put a C&I Short Stroke innit.  Slix side springs and a lighter Main Spring and lighter Firing Pin Return.  

I'm going just rely on Cody to do his magic on it!  With only a couple of attempts to even run someone else's short stroked rifles, I have no preferences or prejudices.  This'll be my 1st!  We'll see if going for speed is really as much fun as Phantom sez it is!  

Archived