SASS Wire Forum

DRAGON HARALD FAIRHAIR

Sedalia Dave

Imagine sailing from Scandinavia to New York in this.

About DRAGON HARALD FAIRHAIR

Draken Harald Hårfagre is a square sailed, open wooden ship, 35 meters long (115 ft) with a beam of 8 meters (26 ft) and a mast height of 24 meters (79 ft). Top speed under sail is 14 knots. She can be rowed by one hundred oarsmen. The ship is equipped with 25 pairs of oars – each oar powered by two men. During Expedition America 2016, Draken Harald Hårfagre was crewed by 32 sailors.

web-facts-Draken.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Imagine sailing from Scandinavia to New York in this.

About DRAGON HARALD FAIRHAIR

Draken Harald Hårfagre is a square sailed, open wooden ship, 35 meters long (115 ft) with a beam of 8 meters (26 ft) and a mast height of 24 meters (79 ft). Top speed under sail is 14 knots. She can be rowed by one hundred oarsmen. The ship is equipped with 25 pairs of oars – each oar powered by two men. During Expedition America 2016, Draken Harald Hårfagre was crewed by 32 sailors.

Best be in the summer time. My experience with the North Atlantic in January was

enlighting, to say the least. :wacko:

I believe there were a couple of translation errors in that second video.

At 1:44 it says they ROWED the boat over where it was going to be named. But since there are no seats in the boat and no oars in the boat, I believe that should have said it was TOWED.

And a SILK sail?

Archived