SASS Wire Forum

The migration begins...

Pat Riot

17 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Pat:

Blaming New York or New England is a convenient excuse, but a misstatement of fact.

Take a look here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/upshot/where-people-in-each-state-were-born.html#California

Immigration into CA from the entire Northeast is at about 3% of the CA population, and has not exceeded 5% since about 1910.  The overwhelming majority of transplants into CA come from outside the US (presently about 28% of the population).  I respectfully suggest that any cultural or economic changes in CA are more likely the result of factors other than the arrival of a few folks from the Northeast.

LL

That’s funny. Since 1982 up until the mid 90’s nearly every city and town that had a city council that espoused leftist ideals had lead council members that had distinct New England or New York accents. But then maybe that was just my right wing paranoia observing what I wanted to see and hear...

You and I will have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

14 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Rather not!  Too depressing!!

I rest my case. :(

On 6/27/2020 at 9:22 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Funny part is those that ruined California originated in New England, mostly New York. It’s a shame, the birthplace of the America of 1776 wrought such people. 

It is definitely much more convoluted than that but in a nutshell that is why California is what it is. 

The seeds of the looney left governments in CA, OR & WA were planted in the 1960's UC system.  I know because I was a freshman engineering major at Berkeley in 1964/1965 & had to pass through Sproul Plaza to attend bowling class in the Student Union basement or get a hamburger at the Bear's Lair.  You had to go out of your way to bypass the mob.

Archived