SASS Wire Forum

Genius.

Subdeacon Joe

On 5/23/2020 at 4:41 PM, Cypress Sun said:

People worried about tailgaters should be looking out of the windshield to see what's in front of them and not in the rear view mirror to see what's in back of them.

Every driver should be fully aware of what is happening in EVERY direction.  That's why they give you mirrors.  People who stare straight ahead without looking in their mirrors are some of the most clueless drivers on the road.  

The word clueless reminded me of an event in the 70s. We didn't have a W&D at the time. So, I got up before the Laundromat opened to be there first. I drove a one-way street to get there. I could see a car coming at me for blocks. I started honking when he got within a few blocks. He kept coming. At the last minute, I swerved out of the way to miss him. I could see in my rear-view mirror that he continued driving the wrong way.

25 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Every driver should be fully aware of what is happening in EVERY direction.  That's why they give you mirrors.  People who stare straight ahead without looking in their mirrors are some of the most clueless drivers on the road.  

I agree entirely with this and Joe's statement. I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people are so obsessed with tailgaters that they don't pay attention to anything else other than the rear view mirror.

Archived