SASS Wire Forum

Illinois Gun Bill SB 1966

Lawdog Dago Dom

1 hour ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Mandatory fingerprinting to possess guns or ammunition. FOID card fees doubled (or more) and renewal time cut in half.

Sounds like Massachusetts.

You have to get fingerprinted to get a Firearms ID or Licence to Carry.   Have since 68.   Can't buy guns or ammo without one.  FID allows long guns only.  LTC allows pistols.  Permit costs a hundred bucks for five years.   Usually get's renewed in a coupla weeks.

My heart breaks for ya, LDD; born and raised in Illinois but I only go back to visit now.

When I was there a couple years ago, I tried to rent a gun at a range and get some range time in. I was asked for my FOID card.

I left dejected and angry at the idiots in that state that keep tightening restrictions and still have MANY shootings in Chicago every week.

Looks like it's workin' fellas... keep up the good work. No state is perfect and boobs like Bloomberg are constantly working to make all states like Illinois and Massachusetts. Contact your legislators in ALL states and let them know you will not vote for them if they support such nonsense.

You may not win the world by yourself, but do something!

Thanks Rainmaker.

There was a sign at the main Illinois State Police range just south of Springfield. Might not be there anymore due to PC.

"Anything you do can get you shot. Including doing nothing."

We are planning to exit the Land of Lincoln. I just get tired of trying to explain to legislators the obvious. There is evil in the world and punishing the good is a poor solution. I'm just hungry for some common sense (and lower taxes).

Appreciate the reply.

Archived