SASS Wire Forum

IAC 1887

Painted Mohawk SASS 77785

1 minute ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

It would behoove you to send it out to Lassiter and have it tuned up right .

I farted with mine for over a year and could Never get it to run reliably .

I sent it to Lassiter and she come back a different gun .

Money well spent !

Just sayin .

Rooster

Screenshot_20180330-211637.thumb.png.3b89b2fe6fb5dfd985ef56e4391a287b.png  

He lives in Australia.

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

That's how Cap designed the original IAC 87. The positive stop load 2 is done differently so the shooter doesn't have to worry about pushing the carrier to far down. We are talking about two different variations of Load 2 87's. Cap's modification to my IAC 87 is done like Lassiter's so the shooter can't push the carrier to far down. This is the mod that is a pain in the butt to load up the magazine. All the original IAC 87's had the hole in the follower for the nose of ejector to catch in. Like I said, some work better than others, and all of those are easy to load up the magazine. 

No-The standard IAC '87s had a detent in the follower's nose, and the lifter was a bit short to index well.

The mod Cap came up with was the best fix that lets you still stoke it up.

OLG

47 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

No-The standard IAC '87s had a detent in the follower's nose, and the lifter was a bit short to index well.

The mod Cap came up with was the best fix that lets you still stoke it up.

OLG

The detent in the follower plus the hole on the original IAC 87's was Cap's design. It didn't work as well as he had hoped and then he enlarged the hole and on some he might have extended the ejector a tad but not all. Like I said, some worked well and some didn't. 

18 minutes ago, Caboose said:

The detent in the follower plus the hole on the original IAC 87's was Cap's design. It didn't work as well as he had hoped and then he enlarged the hole and on some he might have extended the ejector a tad but not all. Like I said, some worked well and some didn't. 

Both of our Cap 'race' '87s have the hole in the follower.

Of the few other Cap race '87s I've handled, they too had the exact same mod.

My stock '87 w/20" bbl came with the follower detent.  I did all the mods to that stock '87, that Cap taught me so many years ago at WR.

OLG

Archived