SASS Wire Forum

Dems to push gun control on anniversary of Giffords shooting

Charlie T Waite

guns.jpeg?quality=85&strip=all&w=400&h=2

I wonder if all of these "background check warriors" really know how a background check works. I think they believe that when John Q Citizen fills out form 4473 to buy a firearm, agents are immediately dispatched to his hometown to interview neighbors that watched him grow up. Then they go to his grade school and high school and read his disciplinary files. Then on to former employers where ever he worked. Then to his college or military years and interview all that knew him. Then do a financial search for bankruptcies and outstanding debt, starting with his hometown bank. Then his insurance companies to see if he had any "questionable" claims. Any fraternal groups (Kiwanis, Rotary Club, etc) that would know him. Ad nauseam.

In reality, his full name and DOB (maybe a SS number) get run through numerous databases in about 10 seconds. They used to tell us on the job, before mobile data terminals were in squad cars, that the info run first went to L.E.A.D.S. (Law Enforcement Agencies Data System) for wants or warrants in Illinois. That was then zipped to an terminal in Arizona where his car info was checked for missing/stolen. Then it went to Washington DC to the NCIC computer which checked your subject federally and in all 50 states. All this get sent back to your dispatcher who notified you over radio that he was clear or not. IT guy told me the whole check took 7 seconds.

And that information that you get is predicated that it was entered into the system timely and accurately.

They can push all they want!!  I can tell them where to SHOVE it!!   (Yeah!  I'm feeling a little rude this morning!!)

The hoplophobs will use any excuse to push their agendas.  The Giffords shooting had nothing to due with the shooter acquiring a firearm in a private party transfer or so called gun show loophole.

Archived