SASS Wire Forum

Very Old parts gun

Rootin Tootin

I have a "Latest Model  S&W", (stamped on the barrel) Nickle finish,. 38 short.  I don't know anything about it or how old it is.  It doesn't work and my gunsmith had it for over a year looking for parts,  Before he took it apart the firing pin had been filed down and it would not index chambers.  The serial number is 478

Don't know when it was built and don't have any reference books for help. I'm not sure it's even a Smith.  The S&W might just be a notation for the shells. 

I would like to sell it cheap buy not sure what I have or how to ship it.....  Any help would be appreciated......  Regards....RT

A quick Google using "Latest Model S&W" as the key found several references to look at. From what I gathered they were cheap knockoffs not worth much then and even less now.  Put it in a shadow box! This was one of the posts and pictures.

"Here is a rather different revolver. It was made by T E Ryan of Norwalk CT. It has the the stamping on the top of the barrel. "Latest Model S&W" no other stamping other than the 2 digit serial no. Was this a joke or someone's idea to advertize and sell this with the idea of fraudently passing it off as a S&W Revolver?"

latest.jpg

Goody, thanks for the help..........That's what I have.  Guess I'll just toss parts in a box or if somebody has one they can contact me for parts. The frame I can't sell unless it goes to an FFL.  Maybe somebody out there has one as a side match gun and needs parts........

Thanks again............RT

Archived