SASS Wire Forum

UHF the movie

Trigger Mike

I was flipping stations late the other night and stumbled on UHF the movie, but it was after the rest went to bed so i was the only one who watched it.  Since we can order Amazon movies through the Wiiu i decided to declare last night family movie night and ordered UHF.  the children with the oldest being 14 never heard of UHF channels.  They kept thinking it was an actual word and asked what "Uff" was about.  I told them it is a comedy and sit down and be quiet.  the oldest rolled her eyes at the idea and begged to be able to go back to her room where she spends every minute she is not at school or church or the chicken pen.   I told her to stay put.  As the movie started they first thought it was going to be lame and responded accordingly, then Weird Al won them over.  The only one not rolling in the floor was the 6 year old, not old enough to get most of it.  the 14 year old tried to hide she was enjoying it but finally it got the best of her.  The 12 year old was literally rolling in the floor, especially when they mocked jerry springer and said next week they were going to talk about "Lesbian Nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced into weight loss programs.  "  The Rambo scene had them all laughing really hard as well.  I wish they still made movies like that, that are clean and not so much cussing and no sex scenes that are just plain funny.

I had to explain to them about the two nobs on the TV and how you had to put the top nob on U and the bottom nob to find the channel for a UHF channel.  It seemed to go past them having only seen remote control and satellite TV

Archived