SASS Wire Forum

WTB Uberti derringer

I had one of these years ago and would like to replace it.  38 special, 45 Colt or ?  Anybody have one they want to part with or any leads on one would be appreciated.  I'm not looking for any other maker(Bond, American, etc.), just the Uberti that was briefly imported.  Thanks.

26 minutes ago, LQ Jones said:

You mean the Gregorelli/Uberti? I think they stopped importing those in '68. If you find a pair of grips I'd be interested.

LQ

Mine was only marked Uberti, but yes it was from that period, so it sounds like you have one/know more about them.  The original grips were crap(at least on mine).

Yeah I have one, it's perfect except for the grips. Original owner overtightened the screw, and broke one side. But then, he did an awful job of trying to glue it back together and made it worse.

I understand they are valued at around 600 with original grips now.

LQ

2 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

What's the difference between those and the eig's that were imported in the 60's? I have an eig .38 i bought years ago at a gun show. It's a great little gun...

I'm not familiar with the eig's, so I couldn't tell you.  The Uberti's, like the one pictured above, are sized more to the original Remington's.  They are not near as big and bulky as the Americans or Bond, one of the main reasons I bothered to post a WTB.(the other being slightly nostalgic)  The Uberti's have coil springs, but generally aren't made as nice as a Bond, the original grips were crap plastic and the steels were softer, which, for as much as a derringer get's shot isn't a big deal.  The Uberti's have the original style lock/load lever, not spring loaded like a Bond, so they aren't competitive in a derringer reload side match.

I do know the eig were made in Italy, it has the same import marks and dates stamps as my Italian made 58's.. I wonder if Uberti, eig, and fie all are the same... What you are describing is exactly my eig... There is an FIE on GunBroker right now. I'll pm you the link

Thanks Boomstick, that FIE won't do the trick for me.  Looking at photos of the EIG online it could be the same as a Uberti, hard to tell.  I'll find a Uberti.

Still looking!

Archived