SASS Wire Forum

Pietta Eliminator PP410LCC LWH?

JD Lud

Been looking since my last thread yet...non CAS shooter just wanting some for fun.  I don't like Vaqueros for what I'm doing...had a pair in 357.

How does Pietta compare to Uberti?  I have an El patron in 357 but looking at the Eliminator.  Larger army grip, short stroke work done and can get the lower hammer.  Seems like this is the way I am going to go unless a lot of Pietta concerns.

Only other pair looking at right now would be El Patron CMS 4" just because many of same features at about 130 cheaper each.

thanks again for the help from those that are more familiar than me.

Actually never mind...just bought a ordered a pair of Uberti Sass Pro Short Strokes in nickel finish....I JUMPED on them because they were marked so cheap from a reputable dealer online that I have ordered form before.  They are so cheap I am worried they will try to not honor the price..Will have the smaller grip but for a little more than the price of a Cattleman I couldn't pass them up.  Hope the deal holds up.

I've got a pair of the same guns, only in .357/.38 (PP100LCC).  I've been shooting them in matches for about the last 1.5 years - Monthly matches and the Western Regional.

Although I shoot 2 handed style and have large hands, I have found that I like both the low/wide hammer spur and the short stroke - Both of which I believe were originally brought out for mounted and other one handed shooters.

While a lot of folks feel that the Uberti's were of better quality up through a few years back, I'm in the camp who feels that Pietta has upped their game, and is now very comparable in quality to the Uberti.  I have had zero issues with my Eliminator C's.  I am shooting them as they came, out of the box.  The Cimarron factory tuned action feels just great to me.  The timing is so accurate that the cylinders have virtually no turn line after more than a year of match use.

I like how the Eliminators handle and feel much better than the New Vaqueros.  I don't know specific weights of each gun, but the NV's just feel overly heavy to me, even though they have the same length barrel.

Just playing with the Eliminators when I got them, I wondered whether the (more historically accurate) narrow trigger would impact my shooting, as I was coming from the New Vaqueros with their wider trigger.  Never once noticed a difference when shooting.

I just don't see myself ever going back to the New Vaqueros, and will probably sell my SASS pair.  In fact, I am halfway through purchasing a pair of EMF Alchimista III's (stupid CA "one handgun every 30 days" law) as either my new main match guns, or back-ups.  These are also built by Pietta.  I really like the feel of the Alchimista's grip so far, and I am a convert to low/wide trigger spurs.  Just don't know how much not having the short stroke will impact my shooting...

Thanks for the reply...I might end up going with them if this deal was too good to be true...have some concerns.  Its good to hear that on Pietta, I think they will be my back up if this doesn't work so thank you for the reply.

JD, I'm not sure if you typo'd the subject line, but the only Eliminator with the Army grip is the model with octagonal barrel, and that p/n would be PP410-8CC

Abiline,

Shouldn't be a type, showing on their website the army grip in that model.  I had heard that it was navy but double checking the site it shows army.  I can't find one local at all to try or confirm.  

39 minutes ago, JD Lud said:

Abiline,

Shouldn't be a type, showing on their website the army grip in that model.  I had heard that it was navy but double checking the site it shows army.  I can't find one local at all to try or confirm.  

Maybe it is an optical illusion for you because the grip picture doesn't show it in relation to the rest of the gun, but the site shows it is standard.  Compare the grip closeups on these two pages plus the Product Description tabs and you will see the difference:

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/eliminator-c-4-3-4-357-38sp-5157.html

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/eliminator-8-4-3-4-357-38sp.html

Thanks Abilene,

it wasnt the picture, found them listed with army grip on a website selling them but cross checking it does look like you are correct as well as pietta website correct.  Vendor selling had incorrect data.

On the good side I called on the SASS pro nickel Uberti pair I bought and confirmed price.   They said it was good to go.....unbelievable in a good way!  I don't want to post information in case it crosses any sponsors but if any interest by them can PM.  I don't work for them or gain anything, just a good deal.

I have Pietta's. One that I've used for 10 or 12 years now. The Great Western and my new toys...Alchemista's ( GW's) were smooth right out of the box. I have one GW in 38/357 and 3 in 44-40. If you ever need a part for them and EMF or VTI is out, get hold of Peacemaker Specialties, also in Cal.

I also shoot Uberti's and have since 2001. Rugers are great guns. I HAD Ruger OMV's (44-40's) but I never could get use to the feel and balance of them , the NMV's feel and balance feel even worse to ME. My main match pistols are 51 Richard Mason conversions , a 60 Army and a 72 open top, all in 38 SPL. My rifles are all Uberti built 73's. One 44-40 and 2 38/357. And btw, Cimarron does not have a factory. They buy from the importers and have them tuned either before shipping or at a "smith" in the USA. All of my Uberti's have been pretty much trouble free with the cylinder hand having to be replaced after several years of shooting. My Pietta's haven't needed any repairs due to parts failure in all the time I've used them. The one 38/357 GW has had literally 10-15,000 rounds through it.

Archived