SASS Wire Forum

What's the call

Big_Country

Shooter shot the 4 targets from left to right and then shot 1 cowboy down. (good)

As the shooter was swinging back to the 4 targets had an AD into the ground near the targets. (miss)

Then the shooter shot the 4 targets. (10th round should have been on cowboy knockdown – P, since the shooter had an AD on the way back, should have only shot 3 of the squares)

Shooter completed the rest of the stage correctly.

Comments and call presented above.

Stage description and diagram attached.

Chime in.

Thanks

Big Country

Stage Description.JPG

Stage Diagram.JPG

Thank you PaleWolf,

I apologize, I just want to confirm those were the correct calls. Another shooter disagrees and said there should have only been a miss called. (his reasoning was that the cowboy could be made up with the shotgun), It was explained to him that the P was earned for firing the last rifle shot at the incorrect target.

30 minutes ago, Big_Country said:

I apologize, I just want to confirm those were the correct calls. Another shooter disagrees and said there should have only been a miss called. (his reasoning was that the cowboy could be made up with the shotgun), It was explained to him that the P was earned for firing the last rifle shot at the incorrect target.

Actually, the "P" was for the 7th rifle shot on the 1st (left) target. After the miss (AD) he should have continued the 2nd L>R sweep on the 2nd target from the left.

CORRECTION...as there was no order of engagement on the four static rifle targets, the OP is correct in that the PROCEDURAL was actually for picking up the miss (AD) on one of the 4 rifle targets (5 shots on 4)

The 10th rifle shot should have been on the 2nd "cowboy" KD.

20 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Actually, the "P" was for the 7th rifle shot on the 1st (left) target. After the miss (AD) he should have continued the 2nd L>R sweep on the 2nd target from the left.

Why for the 7th round? Instruction states "1 round on each square 5th round on KD". Instructions do not state they must be swept.

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Why for the 7th round? Instruction states "1 round on each square 5th round on KD". Instructions do not state they must be swept.

NOTED & CORRECTED!

Thanks!

:blush:

Archived